Tm glock

Tmisfud31

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

For the stronger green gasses you may need to upgrade your hammer spring simply so that it knocks the valve hard enough to release the gas. Other than that, you're good - it's TM so won't really require any specific upgrades; it's one of the best right out of the box.

Other than that, there's nothing bad about it really. The front frame screw tends to go after a while, but you can prolong it by putting epoxy in the gap where it's been formed in the mould. This is about a 15 minute job, doesn't have any effect on the chassis and requires very little skill: http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh623/e-luder/photocopy-3.jpg

This thread is the best read regarding TM Glock parts: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=140496

If this is you first TM pistol then don't worry about gas escaping when you fill it (try to use a plastic nozzle'd can of gas to refill it to minimise this though) and remember to pull the follower back and fill the magazine with BBs holding it upside down and using a speedloader (this is hard to describe, but basically don't use an adapter and fill it from the top because this is pretty inefficient and will put undue wear on the lip). I can provide you with a picture if you'd like.

Edit:

Sorry, I should have read that you hadn't picked it up yet. Here's what I'd go through if I were buying it:

When you're buying it just check that it cycles correctly (by this I mean that when you pull the slide back and release that it doesn't get caught on anything) and that the magazines hold gas. If they don't hold gas, I'd still buy them but get some money knocked off and use that extra cash to replace the o-rings (not a tough job, and disassembling/lubing the magazines is probably something that you'd want to be doing anyway). If the mags smell like arse then that's because the previous owner has been running propane through them without the applicable silicone oil, and nine times out of ten this means they'll be in awful condition.

Other than that, if it works fine then you're good. We could go into taking a look inside to check the internals, but if you don't know what you're looking for in terms of wear then it'd be pointless. You may also wish to make sure that the safety is working (slide the serial tab under the barrel) - if you're into that sort of thing, heh.

The only other problem I can think of is a warped/torn hop up bucking/rubber, and this will only reveal itself after a fair bit of usage at ranges of over 10m. It's about a £10 fix though, so not really a worry.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.