Stock tube lipo help

GingerBreadMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, im thinking of getting a ctr/moe stock for my cm18. I am also switching to lipos so want one that is able to fin in the buffer tube. I usually have the stock near full extended so it doesnt matter if it wont retract all the way in. Also must be deans. I was wondering if this would fit? http://www.vapextech.co.uk/batteries/airsoft-batteries/li-po-packs/airsoft-7-4v-1300mah-30c-lipo-battery-vapextech-lp301/

http://www.vapextech.co.uk/batteries/airsoft-batteries/li-po-packs/airsoft-7-4v-1450mah-20c-lipo-battery-with-case-lp207-vapextech/

Also would 20c too low? i know higher c rating doesnt mean better but just some advice

Thanks

Amps = size in Amps * C Rating

1300mah = 1.3A

So 1.3 * 20 = 26A

A Combat machine isn't likely to be coming with a particular torque or powerful motor so I doubt it'll make much difference to have a small battery in there. This is just the trade off of using the buffer tube or a small battery stock.

Coming from a radio control racing background, the more C rating the better

People have a misconception that Volts is what gives power when in fact it is the Amps

You should be able to fit a 2000mah or 2amp Lipo into the buffer tube (or crane stock)

The last CQB game I played, I used a small 1300mah Lipo that lasted me all day, both cells were tested at (on game day) at 4.18v each, when I got home & tested again, this had gone down to 3.97v each cell so not much was used

Most airsoft motors if not spammed will not draw many amps

Thanks, i actually just bought two of these as the component shop ones were out of stock, and i needed to order soon. http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__67731__Turnigy_nano_tech_1200mAh_2S_25_50C_Lipo_AIRSOFT_Pack_T_Connector_.html so hopefully they will fit, i just wanted to know what batteries anyone else had stuck in the buffer tube of a combat machine

There fine mate

With lipos, I always go with a minimum of 25C discharge rate

Yeah, i saw somewhere that said use 25c as a minimum.

Something else, can anyone find a link on here where somebody used a dummy garmin gps on their stock to hold their battery. I have tried using the search function but cant find anything.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.