src mp5 gearbox

Robbi3b

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought a second hand src mp5 skirmished it twice with no problems I then bought a hi cap mag, which unfortunately didn't fit I was told it was due to the battery wiring being routed wrong, I found someone online who changed the wire round so it was out the way, I then fired the gun a little while later just to make sure everything was ok it fired 15-20 bb's then I heard grinding I found a gear in the box to be shredded, my question is does it have to be an src gearbox or will any v2 gearbox fit many thanks robbie

I had an SRC gearbox fitted to a non-SRC gun, so the reverse should be true. However, why go to the bother of getting a whole new gearbox when a set of gears is all you will probably need.

• Supporters

any gears will do. to replace the boned one

(well v2 / v3 gears in case somebody says about L85 v6 v7 or longer tooth sr25)

sounds ironic that it failed so soon after rewire.......

out of interest - can you clarify something......

what gear failed - my hunch is sector gear - one that is half moon shape toothed to pull piston

Those bastid SRC sectors are real crap - twice theve smashed and lost teeth quicker than a pub brawl

is the Gearbox a grey silvery type of box with say 6mm green plastic bushings in there ???

if it has green 6mm bushings it is same box as fitted to not so great SRC M4's

reason I ask is that they are ever so slightly slightly different to other normal M4 v2 boxes

The holes are slightly slight different - sounds bollox but I bought a metal receiver M4 of somebody on here

that they reshelled a SRC M4 and the tiny thin M4 pin didn't quite line up 101% in the other make M4 receiver

swapped src box for another box and went in no problem

also found forcing a proper m4 box into a plastic dragon makes a bitchy noisey box

so though your mp5 might be different and you may have a gen 2 or gen 3 v2 box

(higher gen or revisions have steel bearings instead of pi$$ poor 6mm plastic bushings)

it might have 8mm bearings if gen 3 v2 box - but I can't 101% say for deffo any v2 box will go in there perfectly without a tiny tweak

even if you buy a v2 box chances are it will be M4 so will need to swap mp5 selector plate over

(not 101% sure if nozzle will need changing to from M4 to MP5 - seen them but unsure if it is for mp5k's or normal mp5's too)

I'd look into getting the existing box re-done perhaps - might only need a new sector installed properly

• Supporters

I had an SRC gearbox fitted to a non-SRC gun, so the reverse should be true. However, why go to the bother of getting a whole new gearbox when a set of gears is all you will probably need.

There is something deffo different about gen 1 src's boxes - I know some JG's need a tweak to go in say some cyma's

but maybe a SRC box might go in an old JG M4 as the both might have had the 2 piece hop unit

but a guy on here found out putting his old src box - the top lugs broke on top src plastic receiver so he bought a full metal receiver

then kinda came unstuck trying to fit it 101% correctly - got the hump and decided to cut losses and buy new (non-src gun)

I bought it as spares - using another 8mm gearbox in receiver and kept the rest for spares

OP - who rewired it ???

but I know the sector is crap - so you may just need a better shs sector gear - lmk what gear shredded and did it take anything else with it

• Supporters

Yeah great f*cking gears in there - looks like sector's boned

happened twice to me now - the other 2 gears are quite possible ok

my ak12 was the second time a SRC sector failed - again sector teeth are so narrow a bit of stress and it just shifts and crosses

CRRRUUUNNNNNCCCHHHH

either a new aeg set - or pm me and I will send a shs sector gear same as I replaced in ak12

and or a pulled 18:1 set

seriously - pm me an addy tonight & I will try n pop some stuff in post to ya

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.