changing m16 foregrips

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

just wondered if it possible to change the foregrips on an ICS m16a3 to triangular m16a1 grips?

I'm really after an M16vn but have been offered an ICS m16a3. It it worth the hassle?

There's quite a few differences between the M16A1 and A3, you'd need to change a lot (including the upper receiver as the A1 didn't have a removable carry handle) personally I'd just outright buy an A1, but if buying the A3 and all the replacement parts is cheaper than buying a new gun, go for it

The foregrip *may* not be compatible if it's cross-manufacturers.

ICS tend to be somewhat different to most other brands, and I can't recall ICS making a Vietnam version off the top of my head; which means it's gonna be taken from another make.

It's JG; They're usually quite passable, but will likely be hot out of the box & need downgrading, plus maybey a service & a hop change.
If you're not experienced with working on gearboxes, then I'd say add another £60-70 on top of that price for all the work, parts, plus shipping & import fees.

It's JG; They're usually quite passable, but will likely be hot out of the box & need downgrading, plus maybey a service & a hop change.

If you're not experienced with working on gearboxes, then I'd say add another £60-70 on top of that price for all the work, parts, plus shipping & import fees.

Its from taiwangun so no import fees (inside EU)

Taiwangun will also drop the fps to 350 free of charge. As its a V2 gearbox, i'll use it till it needs attention then stick a decent one in there :)

Fair enough then! I'd imagine you'll still have the dreaded parcelforce handling fee though; but otherwise, go for it in that case!
(Might be worth messaging them & seeing if they'll drop it to 320/330 instead though; in case you decide to get a TBB at a later date).

Fair enough then! I'd imagine you'll still have the dreaded parcelforce handling fee though; but otherwise, go for it in that case!

(Might be worth messaging them & seeing if they'll drop it to 320/330 instead though; in case you decide to get a TBB at a later date).

Nope, They cant charge you a handling fee as they arent paying any customs duty for you. What you see is what you pay with Taiwangun.

Whats a TBB? I feel stupid for asking this lol

• Supporters

Nope, They cant charge you a handling fee as they arent paying any customs duty for you. What you see is what you pay with Taiwangun.

Plus, parcel force can't charge you for a package they never delivered. Taiwangun don't use them...

Plus, parcel force can't charge you for a package they never delivered. Taiwangun don't use them...

Correct, usually UPS.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.