Rhop a PDI barrel

chrisbirley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi

i have heard great things about PDI barrels and got one - but am after upping my range and accuracy so im now looking at rhopping. i read on HunterSeeker's website that PDI barrles were not overly good for rhopping due to the way that the window is cut.

have any of you rhopped your PDI barrels if so how did you do it?

did you form the rhop to the slanted cut in the hop window, or did you modify your barrel. if you did the latter how did you do this - was it just patience with a metal file, or did you use a dremel or similar to make the hop window larger and square.

the other option i have is to buy a new barrel, but if i dont have to .......

thanks in advance

I think most PDI barrel users probably ignore the slant and continue to make a vertical cut slice of piping. The PDI barrel I have does have quite a small window and that is unfortunate for R hop because the longer it is the better the hop patch is (but more sanding you have to do!!!). I don't think its practical to try and slant the r hop patch without precision tools to do it and it would have no impact on the patch performance.

thanks for the responses - i figure there is no harm in trying and as we all know what works for someone wont necessarily work for others - even the same gun barrel and hop combination. just thoughgt i would see what people had done with regards to theirs.

thanks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.