New Player Doncaster

willgsy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

Im new to airsoft and haven't had enough plays yet at a single site to get my UKARA membership, I don't want to start with cheap kit so plan on buying some gear and having it two toned to begin with, I'm just wondering whats the rules about buying it two toned and when i have my membership changing it back to just black etc.

Thanks

Hi and welcome!

The most common advice that you will get from people in here, is that it's not worth the hassle of getting it two-toned. You would do better to rent your gear for your first 3 game days, then look at purchasing a RIF when you're on the database.

As for the regulations, check out http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/25962-a-complete-list-of-relevant-regulations/ for the list.

If you want to start buying gear however, i would seriously suggest looking at your clothing / boots / eyepro as a major investment prior to getting registered. The amount of kids i see running in trainers and a 2-tone gun is awful, especially when they play in a woodland site!

Yh, rent for 3 games for 2 months. Whilst you wait for your UKARA, sort out some good boots and good quality eye protection. They are a must, don't scrimp on these. If you're looking at going to woodland sites, pick up some surplus camo from an army surplus store or online.

thanks Guys advice taken, ill rent for the time, and buy when i have my membership, I have a lot of gear from my civvy job. Im interested in organising a game site, i bought an old industrial plot a couple years ago, 3 acres several structures about 35 rooms in total not including garages and car ports, Ive been using it to teach ambush skills at my job but think it would make an awesome site, any idea of the best way to organise something, its just out side of Doncaster

Get a lot of publicity for it. Team up with a local shop to sell bits down there. Oh, you will also need to have public liability insurance

• Supporters

I go there too, there's also Bawtry Paintball and Laser Fields, airsoft games get run out of there by Brit-Tac Airsoft.

Also not forgetting Skirmish Airsoft's CQB sites in Rotherham and Sheffield, as well as Tac House Spartan in Chesterfield.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.