SR36C - Gun mods and silencers

KommisarKyn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I've recently took up airsoft and got myself kitted out with SRC's Gen 2 G36C, I'm looking to get a few upgrades and accessories, but one that has caught my eye is the UV tracer charging silencers. this one specifically as the TM one is rather pricey:

<a href="http://www.airsoftworld.net/isoft-t-1000-tracer-unit-silencer.html">UV Silencer</a>

Does anyone have any experience with these for dusk/night skirmishes? Also, what is the size of the thread on the G36C's barrel? I've heard 14mm is pretty standard but wanted to be sure before I start stripping it down and spending cash.

Are there any other essential upgrades anyone can recommend? I'm currently looking at a red dot scope, a laser, and folding grip for a bit more tactical adaptability (links below)

<a href="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Tactical-20mm-RIS-Rail-Folding-Foregrip-BK-Grip-for-hunting-airsoft-/391117844556">Folding Grip</a>

<a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holographic-4-Type-Reticles-Red-Green-Dot-Sight-for-20mm-Weaver-Rail/121247536515?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140602152332%26meid%3Da7334ef1d10f4be9ac7f811f006ee70d%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D180831026332">Red Dot scope </a>

<a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Combo-CREE-LED-Flashlight-Green-Red-Laser-Sight-For-pistol-gun-Handgun-20mm-rail-/161270948106?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item258c7f610a&autorefresh=true">Laser/Torch combo</a>

Just to make it clear, external parts are not upgrades at all. Gun upgrades are higher quality internal parts IE motor, barrel, gears etc.

The only couple of things that it's worth spending money on (externally) are a vertical grip and a red dot. Easier target acquisition and projectile compensation with them as it's clearer than using iron sights. The vertical grip is just a personal thing, it depends on whether you find vertical grips more comfortable than just holding the gun normally.

The ASG B&T Tracer Unit is the best value for money, anything else cheaper than that (Big Dragon) will be sh*t. And as you said owt else is pretty expensive (TM / Madbull etc)

Were £39 from Patrol Base and they sell WE and Blaster tracer BBs there too.

The thread on the barrel will be 14mm, it's literally only a handful of guns which have anything else (16mm on the KWA Kriss Vector for example, 22mm IIRC on sniper rifles) what you need to know is if it's CW or CCW

Again only a few guns like G&Ps are CW though.

External parts aren't going to be essential, but like you would with a real gun don't put too much unnecessary sh*t on it otherwise you're just gonna have a heavier, bulkier / less manoeuvrable gun with attachments that probably aren't even being used. Also I wouldn't recommend getting any magnified optics for airsoft, as you aren't shooting very far. in fact most of the time you don't need an optic at all in my experience, you are better off just looking at your target and watching the BBs, If you are doing longer range stuff say you're a sniper / DM then yeah but otherwise not much point spending money on a scope. As said by Tac a red dot sight will be better.

I'm pretty sure if it's a scope it's an actual magnified optic, so you don't call a red dot a scope because there's no magnification. Correct me if I'm wrong ofc :|

• 3 weeks later...

The ASG B&T Tracer Unit is the best value for money, anything else cheaper than that (Big Dragon) will be sh*t. And as you said owt else is pretty expensive (TM / Madbull etc)

Were £39 from Patrol Base and they sell WE and Blaster tracer BBs there too.

The thread on the barrel will be 14mm, it's literally only a handful of guns which have anything else (16mm on the KWA Kriss Vector for example, 22mm IIRC on sniper rifles) what you need to know is if it's CW or CCW

Again only a few guns like G&Ps are CW though.

External parts aren't going to be essential, but like you would with a real gun don't put too much unnecessary sh*t on it otherwise you're just gonna have a heavier, bulkier / less manoeuvrable gun with attachments that probably aren't even being used. Also I wouldn't recommend getting any magnified optics for airsoft, as you aren't shooting very far. in fact most of the time you don't need an optic at all in my experience, you are better off just looking at your target and watching the BBs, If you are doing longer range stuff say you're a sniper / DM then yeah but otherwise not much point spending money on a scope. As said by Tac a red dot sight will be better.

I'm pretty sure if it's a scope it's an actual magnified optic, so you don't call a red dot a scope because there's no magnification. Correct me if I'm wrong ofc :|

Thanks for the advice! I wasn't sure if it was going to be a case of "cheap for a reason", but if you recommend the ASG B&T Tracer for only a fiver more, that sounds perfect.

I've decided to go for a nice cheap red dot sight (£25 inc. shipping, and it feels pretty sturdy with full metal housing!) a cheap, small laser for fast target acquisition in CQB, and a nifty vertical grip that also folds out into a bipod!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.