M4/L119a1 Advice needed

ghostwalker

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks,

i was wondering if any of you could offer any help/advice/assistance.

I was thinking of picking up a second hand AEG. Its a L119a1 that someone had built off a kings arms m4.

Being new to airsoft and the techy side of things, i am not sure if this is a 'grab it' or 'avoid it' situation.

The gun has a couple of issues at the moment.

The front sight pins dont line up with the pin holes for them (possibly a new outer battel needed?) The sight is securely in place at the moment and doesnt wobble at the mo though.

After about 10 metres the shits start to veer off to the right slightly (new hop? or inner barrel?)

The guns going for £200. But obviously needs a bit of work.

It can be seen in this pic with everything thats included

11146287_368046376734300_916908255863716

It's hard to tell without knowing the brands of the l119 parts or the internals of the gun.

The front sight issue is something I encountered when building my l119. I used a G&P and the Warlord Tactical Barrel set was designed for a Tokyo Marui Rail, hence the holes were out of place due to the rails being difference lengths.

You could fill the holes in the barrel will miliput and make new ones, it was my plan to do that.

Not having had an M4 i dont know about the first point, but as for the second, just try taking the barrel out, disassebling the hop unit, and putting it back together, checking that everything is seated nice and square. look through the hop unit (with the barrel out of the gun, looking from where the nozzle sits) and put the hop on. if everything is seated right, the bucking should look straight in the barrel. if the bucking is lower on one side than the other, have another go at putting everything together.

It might take a few tries, whilst flat-hopping my G5, i must have spent half an hour trying to get the nub to sit right before i was happy enough to put it all back together.

cheers folks.

Main concern is dropping £200 on the gun and not really knowing if the mentioned issues are going to be mega expensive to fix.

if the hop up is working somewhat okay, then its probably just the bucking or nub seated incorrectly, or possibly damaged. neither is expensive, even for high-grade replacement parts (a dog's bollocks Prometheus Hop rubber will cost a tenner, you dont even have to spend that much)

So going on whats said. Would you say the package in the pic is worth the £200.

The AFG and gripod are both genuine magpull

Other pics that have been shown are,

10649554_368046440067627_350846693609825

11037761_368046400067631_335718591421165

11150424_368046456734292_391871454487239

well im guessing that since the Acog has a Dr sight that its a 4x magnification, in which case a good sight like that will set you back at least £100. so if the gun fires already and your'e confident enough to tune it up, its a steal to me.

Ive never had any experience with King Arms, but my brother had a KA Sig 556, which promptly took a shit and is now a glorified wall hanger spitting out around 20fps, it was an issue with mags not fitting, and by ramming them in, we think the hop chamber is goosed, and its not a standard M4 type and there are no spares.

If someone can vouch for King Arms making a good M4, i'd snap that up, again, providing that it does actually shoot somewhat well, and you dont mind getting stuck in with some tools.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.