KJWorks Mk1 Ruger fps downgrade.

NickM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I met some guys using KJWorks Mk1 Rugers at a game, they come in hot out the box, 400 to 410 fps seems to be about average on the lowest power gas using 0.20g. They had done a bit of work to downgrade them. I'm looking to get one as well but i'm finding it hard to track down exactly what it is that I'm aiming to do that will downgrade it.

There is a spring that hits the valve at the top of the mag, some people have talked about adding spacers to increase the power others have said it reduces the power. Others have talked about replacing the spring entirely but haven't said if it should be stronger or weaker.

I know how to get to the spring, that isn't really the issue. Has anyone got any experience of doing this to a Mk1?

• Supporters

Ok, so possibly clipping the existing spring or getting a weaker spring from somewhere as well. Ultimately weaker spring should mean softer hit on the valve which would mean less gas released.

The spacers idea would compress the spring more so I guess that would ultimately up the power.

Yeah as said above a weaker spring will reduce the amount of gas released but care would need to be taken not to reduce the spring's energy too much or the valve won't open.

• Supporters

Cheers Samuri and Straffham. Will look for another spring before I go cutting anything.

Instead of munching around with the hammer spring you could potentially drill a small hole or 2 in the air nozzle (if it has one) to lower the FPS. That could be used together with the spring trimming if you can't get the FPS down enough by trimming.

• Supporters

Ok having looked for springs and other parts for the mk1 I think I'll leave the drilling for another time.

However springs.... I've looked for hammer springs, my googlefoo might be a bit weak but I cant find anyone selling the exact one from the mk1, so that leaves me looking for an alternative.

Anyone know of a spring that will fit and wont be massively over powered? The ones I'm seeing seem to be saying 150% which I would guess are upgraded springs designed to bring the power of the average GBB up.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.