outer barrel size

Robbi3b

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

IF your inner barrel was say 275mm

then you would have an outer of ABOUT 11 inches

yeah it is hard to 101% be exact as one barrel is usually in mm's (inner)

then the friggin' outer is usually in inches (outer)

Poxy aeg's just like car tyres - rims's in inches, but width/profile wall in mm's

Also I think your M4 has the ris bolted on but though it looks like an Ares

I ain't 200% absolute certain......

But if the ris was mounted permanently and securely at top receiver by the couple of allen bolts

then you could replace say a 9 or 10 inch plain barrel, small suppressor or chubby type flash hider

then mount just a flip up front sight etc...............

Please note this is ALL maybe / possible / total guesswork as I don't have YOUR gun in front of ME

And further more though I might think it could be Ares I am no expert & getting crap wrong is

a very regular part of my daily sad life

Most outer barrels are just a smidge longer than the inner but some are say 10mm shorter

all depends on make and the flash hider fitted

so say if your inner is for eg: 275 then ya outer is "supposed" to be ABOUT that

I say suppose coz all measurements are aprox and can vary a bit anyway

So you see it really is impossible for anyone to tell you that an outer xxx mm's or xx.x "'s will deffo work

You might be able to refit front sight back on but if not and your ris looks fixed on ok

then a short suppressor or short thick sound-hog amplifier & flip front sight could look real nice change to ya front end

(just my take on a possible consideration)

End of the day YOU have to work out your dimensions and see what options you might have if you change that boned threaded outer barrel

• Supporters

Is this the one that is on FB with a mashed flash hider thread?

Seriously, take it apart and measure it. You'll have to take it apart to fit a new one so why piss about now?

• Supporters

Think it is the "Guess the make with boned thread" game

my Ares link was ONLY a very rough looking guess at the best

is maybe 275-300 inner BUT like we are saying:

YOU gotta strip/measure the mofo yourself and all the crap I say is to be taken

only as a pinch of salt rough ball-park guide - so don't flame me if you buy the wrong stuff

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.