Sp00n's doing the unthinkable ... G&G CM16 "upgrading"

sp00n

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

You sure the mag ain't the problem???

Would try a few mags with maybe a slightly better spring in magazine first before you rip box open again

Had some mid caps that struggle at 27 28

Yet dytac hi-caps fed OK at 30+

Also my nooby box mag feeds damn well too at higher speeds and feeds for yonks as well

And yup you could try the m110 as seals still seem a tiny bit out so unless you suss out the missing say 28fps

(300 instead of approx 328)

Then the m110 probably won't put you over at the moment

But try other mags first and see how it goes before you rip her open yet again.

If you do open her up to check/try stuff THEN maybe pop the m110 in there perhaps

• Supporters

You sure the mag ain't the problem???

Would try a few mags with maybe a slightly better spring in magazine first before you rip box open again

Had some mid caps that struggle at 27 28

Yet dytac hi-caps fed OK at 30+

Also my nooby box mag feeds damn well too at higher speeds and feeds for yonks as well

And yup you could try the m110 as seals still seem a tiny bit out so unless you suss out the missing say 28fps

(300 instead of approx 328)

Then the m110 probably won't put you over at the moment

But try other mags first and see how it goes before you rip her open yet again.

If you do open her up to check/try stuff THEN maybe pop the m110 in there perhaps

Yeah it was the mag, i tried one of my G&G mags and it was much better .... not 100% but good enough.

it is odd with the FPS ... then again its shooting at the same FPS as my firehawk 270'ish on 0.25's

• Supporters

MASSIVE WARNING !!!!

do NOT take the pi$$ and connect an 11.1v lipo up

Seriously I think we lost some tension on the hi speed FH
Probably coz it parked half cocked perhaps
But the fps was lower than before

I wasn't the top tech one but the standard one that had the 23:1 gears replaced with 18:1 SHS

and a SHS high speed motor and fet in there....

getting 20 on 7.4, 25.5ish on 9.9v and WAS getting about 31.5 on 11.1v

Well Saturday when testing out some ASG mid caps
That might need bedding in
We connected up a fresh 11.1v lipo - jeez she did seem very quicker than I remember but couldn't get chrono rps

coz mags were struggling to feed as brand new...........

BANG - Pre engagement and reckon piston shredded or initial pickup tooth snapped !!!
Yes it had the aoe done but feel she was hitting 35+ with worn spring

BOLLOX - ah well I needed to redo the cylinder port coz think it is set as a short raider 233mm barrel

But a genuine gospel stern warning of trying to go too fast.

My piston was 20gms approx so not ultra heavy
Just want to warn peeps of the dangers of going too mad over 30rps and how close you could sail into the wind

Swear on my kids life - tappet moves but all I got is no piston movement and lots of Zzzzzzzzzz instead

Anyway - $hit happens I wasn't happy with it so will sort out the compression/fps/barrel cylinder stuff

then consider a say a m115 or m125 and short stroke perhaps - dunno for now

BUT seriously - all of you chaps be very careful how far you push ya guns in the search for mental rps

if you are getting over 20+ on a 7.4v lipo then expect to see 30+ on 11.1v

and depending on how well you did ya homework - do not be shocked if she don't like it

• 4 months later...
  • Supporters

Just realised that i have not updated this in a while.

i wasn't really happy with the "upgrades", something just sounded off in my mind, and since swapping to the shorter barrel i was having accuracy issues(bb's was kinda corkscrewing when i should have hopped up) ... basically it felt like i had screwed my gun up :(

in a effort to give the gun some use-ability, and my new "addiction" for hpa, i took the plunge and fitted a Polarstar Jack B) , cracking bit of kit, dead easy to install etc.

i was still having issues with accuracy, so i got a prowin hop orga barrel and flat hopped it .... still no joy, at this point i noticed that the barrel was not inline with my upper receiver, and being the standard G&G item its in 3 parts -_--_- so i am not waiting for a new one piece barrel to arrive which with any luck will fix the accuracy issue

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.