p1878

lipo to fit my APS UAR rear wire .

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Just got my first rif needs a battery so thinking of 11.1 lipo . Any ideas fellas .

Yeah - don't get an 11.1v Lipo.

Or at least not without fitting a mosfet first.

A 7.4V LiPo is definitely your best bet. You don't want to fry your first gun's trigger contacts with an 11.1.

This should fit.

Ta APS SAY IT IS SAFE BUT EASY DOES IT I THINK . Get payed friday so off to the local rc shop.

modern APS guns are fitted with a mosfet, but they have very loose tolerances to their gearboxes, if you shim it don't shim it tight!

Thanks that saves me striping it down . It is the new gearbox . Its a APS UAR AU.

Chap who went to my local site stripped his piston in less then two days of use running an 11.1v in a UAR, might have been other damage as well.

You need more then a mosfet to make an AEG long term reliable running a higher voltage lipo.

Always thought 11.1v is a bit excessive anyway, 7.4v is perfectly fine. Check out componentshop for a good selection of batteries.

Went to widnes model shop friday . Andy made me a patch lead price was a tenner but had to buy a box of female tamyia small . A 7.4 lipo. The lot for £25:48. Charged it up put it in & it is a beast. So just going to get two more lipos next payday . Going to swat sunday check fps make sure its got the right spring.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.