Greetings form Milton Keynes :)

russo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

My name is Maciek and I'm form Poland. I'm studying here now and staying in Milton Keynes.

I used to play airsoft for 7 years (with some breaks). Now, I'm thinking about starting here.

I'll bring my stuff after Christmas so I hope we'll meet in the nearest future. :)

But, I have some questions as newbie in UK :P

1. What is the best way to obtain UKARA membership for me?

- I have my own RIF (in Poland is no such restrictions). Should I go on the skirmish and rent their gun or take my own and tape it with some bright tape or sth? I don't want to repaint it.

2. Does anyone know sth about Special Ops MK?

- How many ppl is one the skirmishes?

- What about bb's? On thier site is that all bb's must be supplied by them. I have precision barrel with 6.03 id and I don't want to use low quality bb's.

3. Is there any regular airsoft group in MK, which would like to adopt me? :D

- I have stuff a'la USA Army Ranger form 2008-2010.

That was lots of writing. Hoping you don't mind :)

• Supporters

Hello mate,

I brought my gun here before I had my ukara registration. I two-toned it (painted a spare stock and front set bright green) and also brought the normal parts. Then on site I switched them before the game, and then back after the game. That is the legal way to do it. After the 3 games I got the ukara registration and got the rest of the guns shipped here.

Each time I wrote a letter about the guns (what it is, why is it green/why not, etc), and my contact details and put it in the package.

• Supporters

just skirmish what you have, just ensure that it is hidden in a gun bag on way to and from each skirmish :-) Have fun dude :-)

The problem is with posting that gun here. The first time I got that two-toned gun shipped here, the package has been opened and the letter was missing so customs took a look. You can't import RIF without defense.

Just take your gun to the skirmish in a rifle bag, a guitar case, big plastic bag or whatever (i.e. don't walk about with it on the street where you might scare people and cause them to call the police). There is no need for you to two-tone it at all. It is not illegal to own a RIF if you don't have a UKARA, all you need in order to own a RIF, is a legitimate reason for doing so, and since you are into airsoft skirmishing, you have that reason.

Two toning is so that people can have stuff that is rather obviously not a real gun if they want to play about with it in a back yard or somewhere without terrifying their neighbours, or so websites can sell stuff to people who have no means to confirm they are an airsoft player, so there is no need for a gun to be two toned when you are using it at an airsoft skirmish site, because when you are doing that, you are using it legitimately, so you only really have to be careful when going to and from the airsoft skirmish site, by either keeping it in the boot of your car out of sight, or putting it in a case if you are going on a bus or train or whatever.

After three visits to the same airsoft skirmish site over a period of five or so weeks, the people who run the site will help you fill out your UKARA form, which either they, or you, can post off to a shop which is in the UKARA scheme, and the shop will then put you on the UKARA database (you'll get an email from them telling you your UKARA number which will be a number such as ABC0021, and that can then be used by you when buying RIFs off websites).

It is also handy to have a UKARA number for another reason, and that is on occasions where you might need to prove to someone that you are an airsoft player, for example, if the police stopped your car and looked in the boot and saw that you had a bunch of realistic looking weapons, you could simply say, I am UKARA registered, you can check that if you like. Although to be fair, I'm willing to bet that if you said that to the average police officer, they'd probably have no idea what UKARA actually was and I bet most airsoft players are more familiar with the law on this matter than most police officers are, so you'd probably have to explain that as well. This means that you should not be under the impression that UKARA is some sort of 'gun license', because it is not, it is only a convenient way to prove that you are into airsofting as a hobby.

Thanks guys for help. Now everything looks much simpler than before.

About the posting, my friend'll take it with car. So as you said, I'll prepare some letter with all information, what it is, contact details, etc.

Not sure how bringing a rif through customs into UK works in this scenario.

In theory as you already OWN it it shouldn't be a problem I guess, as VCR act doesn't concern itself with ownership.

• Supporters

Not sure how bringing a rif through customs into UK works in this scenario.

In theory as you already OWN it it shouldn't be a problem I guess, as VCR act doesn't concern itself with ownership.

You own it but you can't import it. That means: you can't bring it into the country without defense.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.