SRC g36 fire selector switch

beastmode

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, having a bit of trouble with the fire selector switch on my Src g36kv. It sometimes locks up mid fire and I have to put it into safe then back onto full auto or semi. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Cheers

Could be nothing wrong with it. Are you holding the trigger for the full cycle or releasing it before the bb is fired?

I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with it. I'm holding the trigger the full cycle. Even on semi it locks up. Only adjusting the fire selector all the time gets it working again. It's definitely different from how my M4 works.

Have you opened the gun to check if there is any play in the switch or tappet plate? Is the tappet being put under stress or catching any other parts?

It may also be the trigger. Does the trigger cut off briefly on full auto as well?

There may be other causes, but those are the ones that come to mind

Hi guys, I'm the one who repaired beastmodes rifle as the guy before him didn't maintain it very well

When I opened the gearbox to clean it etc, everything looked to be in order, no grease or anything on the contacts, tappet plate was seated and touching correctly, wiring was fine, triggers fine

Cheers Nick. I haven't opened It up yet will be doing this weekend hopefully.

The trigger does cutter off on full auto as well. Just hope I can sort it as it's extremely annoying.

If it happens on full auto as well, id give your trigger mechanism a good check over, see if there could be anything cutting the circuit accidentally. Check if aby components look worn out or dont fit well

Good luck with the gear box Doug as I know its your 1st time bud :) just remember to put a screw driver in the spring to stop it popping out and take photos to remind where/how everything goes mate

Send me a text or pop round if you get stuck

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.