Tokyo Marui Sig Saur P226

Combat Six

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all

I'm a bit of a novice at airsoft, so I apologise for my rather elementary question.

I recently acquired a second hand TM Sig P226. However, I can't get it working.

PLEASE could someone walk me through how to use it in the simplest of terms? I've never used a gas blowback gun before, so I'm not even sure how to fill up the mags properly.

I did try to fill the mags with the mag at the bottom and the gas canister pointing down, but I wasn't sure how long I was supposed to do it for or when I would know it was full. To me it seemed like the gas wasn't filling the mags properly and I was filling them for too long. In addition when pulling the slide back, it often seemed to remain slightly further back than it should have been and I had to manually move it back into place. Upon firing, only a few times did the gun fire as it should have with the full gas blow back effect the firing a bbs. After that, there seemed to be no gas blow back action and no firing of bbs.

I'm hoping that this is more a matter of me not doing something right, rather than the gun being in need of repair.

Can anyone help???

Thanks

If its working some of the time, then hopefully its not too much of a problem. I've just got myself exactly the same, a second hand TM P226. It fires OK, but is a little sluggish.

Firstly the mag, I find the TM mags quite difficult to fill as the nozzle is recessed in a narrow opening, you have to ensure that the gas can is inverted and the nozzles connect in a straight line, if that makes sense? When you apply pressure, you will hear and feel gas being transferred from the canister to the mag, it should not be venting out of the sides of the nozzle. If it is, re-seat and try again. It only takes a few seconds to fill the mag. Once the pressure has equalised between the two, the mag will be as full as it can be. so, with a fuller gas canister, you will fill your mag quicker and have a higher pressure (more gas in there) than with an almost empty gas canister. If the mag is leaking gas, from either end, you may need to get someone to help you remedy this, it's not overly complicated, but I won't go in to it here.

Now the pistol, if it is functioning correctly and has no broken components, (i.e. bits missing or that look broken) check that the barrel is not blocked with a BB.

DO NOT DO THIS WITH A MAG FITTED TO THE WEAPON AND KEEP YOUR FINGER AWAY FROM THE TRIGGER!

If you know how to remove the slide you will also see where the hop adjusting wheel is on the pistol. Fully off the BB will probably fall out of the barrel when you point it down, fully on will give your BB maximum spin.

The weapon should be clean and free of dirt or fowling. All moving parts should be lubricated with either silicon oil or grease, do not lubricate the inside of the barrel. There is no need to over lubricate, just so that the weapon cycles smoothly when you cock it.

Now with a loaded and gassed mag, hopefully your pistol will fire OK, if not, I'm afraid someone will have to have a look at it for you.

hope this helps, Good luck!!

Assuming the gas seals on the valves which are on the magazine are okay (They may not be; they can develop leaks, but the seals can be repaired, there are many tutorials around the net on how to do this, but you will need a key wrench specifically for unfastening the valves, these are about 15 quid or so), then you should fill it up like this: put about 2-3 seconds of gas in, then wait a moment or two, then do it again. In any case, the reason you don't try and fill it all in one go, is because the gas is cold and it can shock cool the mag, making it brittle, and that can cause it to crack (not dissimilar to what occurs if you let a hot engine cool too quickly and crack the cooling fins as it contracts too fast).

You should be able to test if the mag is holding gas okay by pressing the venting button (located up at the top of the mag on the rear of it) Gas Blowback mags have this button so you can release the gas at the end of a skirmish, or when taking the mag apart to service it, however, as a general rule, you should always try to leave a little bit of gas in your mags to keep them above atmospheric pressure, as this pushes down on the seal from the inside of the mag and helps washers and seals to remain well seated; if when you press the venting button, you get a strong outflow of gas, it means your seals are probably good, if the release of gas is fairly pathetic, then one of the valves could be leaking, and this could be a relatively slow leak which you may not hear, or quite a fast one, which it is likely you will hear, although if it is very bad, then the sound of the leak will be masked by the noise you make when filling it up, but it will be obvious that this is the case if your gun cannot fire very many shots or doesn't vent much gas when you press the venting button.

Note that if it is very cold where you are, then this will affect how well any Gas (either Blowback or non Blockback) weapon works, since the difference in temperature and pressure when the local atmosphere gets cold has a detrimental effect on how a GBB weapon actually functions. In very cold weather, you can find that some GBB pistols, particularly those with a big metal heavy slide, such as Colt 1911 Model derivatives, are lucky to get five shots off, of course this is slightly less of an issue with TM guns, since they are plastic, but it is something which does still affect them.

If the weapon has been sitting around doing nothing for a while, it may simply need a bit of a clean and lubrication, again, you can find guides to this, and how to field strip the weapon online fairly easily (have a look on youtube). However, if the mag has been sitting around without any gas in it at all, it is possible that the seal on the mag may need some attention. If it was sat around doing nothing and was loaded with BBs, then the magazine spring may have been weakened by remaining under compression for a long period, and that can sometimes cause feeding problems and jams. Unloading the mag and leaving it for some time may restore the spring's strength somewhat but this is not guaranteed, so in any case, do not leave your mags loaded with BBs for any length of time (i.e. not for days on end). Be sure that you are using decent BBs too, crappy cheap ass BBs can cause problems as well.

If you do start taking it to bits to fix it, then work slowly and if you need to, take photos of where things are fitted before you take them apart, so that you will have a reference for where they go when reassembling the thing.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.