aor2

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I think it's a bit SEAL wannabe gucci fashion, but hey - whatever floats your boat.

I think AOR2 suffers (not as badly, but still does suffer) from the same problem that British DPM suffers from, in that it is a bit too dark to be effective at long distances in typical UK woodland terrain, when colours fade owing to atmospheric pressure. I think Multicam is better in that respect, so that's why I use a Multicam USMC set in woodlands and a black SWAT load out for indoor CQB. But then again, I'm one of those players who tends to crawl around and roll about rather than simply crouching, which means I end up covered in sh*t, but at least it is sh*t which matches the background lol.

However, that's only my opinion and if you like AOR2 and find it effective in the terrain you are playing in, at the sites you regularly attend, then fair enough.

• Supporters

It's fairly bright green, so best used for sites with a grass covering and/or a lot of light green coloured foliage. Not much in the way of dark brown in the pattern, so not very suited at all to the sort of woodland with a lot of exposed earth and tree trunks with little plant life at low level. But if you're playing somewhere with a ton of bracken/ferns, evergreen plants and the like it makes sense; similar to MC Tropic overall. It's all about analysing the general 'palette' of the site if you're playing outdoors, for the darker areas with more brown than green there's lots of options like temperate MARPAT, flecktarn, solid coyote and some of the darker arid patterns (obviously soil will change colour a fair bit throughout the course of a year).

Not that it has to matter even if it doesn't blend in that great where you are. Don't think anyone was ever killed by a 6mm plastic ball going 300 FPS.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.