GoPro Hero 3 Test Footage.

DEDSEC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

So as some may know from a status I posted awhile back, I picked up a GoPro Hero 3. Prior today, I did not have the correct mounting equipment to mount it on my fast helmet.

So, now I've gotten it set up etc, I'd like some feedback on;

- The quality, I currently have it set to 720P 60FPS however it also can record at 1080p 30FPS.

- Height and angle of the camera, I currently cannot have the camera closer to my eyes because if I mount the camera upside down it is then too low, and skews my vision.

- and audio quality. At this moment in time I cannot help it. It may seem "quiet" but that's because the GoPro Case is crazy tough and is at least 1.5cm thick.

Any advice and feedback (good or bad) is welcome. I'd like to get it as pleasant to watch as possible before my next game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcliHJqP1LA&feature=youtu.be

Thanks!

looks good mate, am looking into gun mounting my Go-Pro, I have a rail attachment but think I want to try mounting it to the stock. Will mean if gun mounted I'll have to edit the vids a lot but should give some good angles.

The angle is good. With my SJ4000 it adds a lot of weight to my mask so my neck aches after a 1 hour game. So just something to keep in mind.

Shouldn't be an issue. Found a real Fast Helmet from a nice chap on eBay, so it has a real effective retention system. Regarding weight, once you've been in the service lugging a kevlar helmet and comms on your head for seventeen years it's almost impossible to notice.

Shouldn't be an issue. Found a real Fast Helmet from a nice chap on eBay, so it has a real effective retention system. Regarding weight, once you've been in the service lugging a kevlar helmet and comms on your head for seventeen years it's almost impossible to notice.

That's a good point. When I first ran the SJ my neck hated it. Now I've got used to it but it's still making my mask slide off my face when I run.

That's a good point. When I first ran the SJ my neck hated it. Now I've got used to it but it's still making my mask slide off my face when I run.

You may wish to reconsider your set up then. Play around with different items and ways to mount them, then see what works best for you.

Looks great! Pulling back the cocking thingy ting sounded awesome lol!

The charging handle? Yes the M14 and M1 Garand's have a very distinctive, nice sound.

You can see at the end of the video that my firearm instincts kick in and I actually check the chamber is clear even though it's an airsoft gun. After spending the majority of my life handling firearms it comes naturally and people often ask me at games etc why I check the chamber after each game haha. Pure accident.

The charging handle? Yes the M14 and M1 Garand's have a very distinctive, nice sound.

You can see at the end of the video that my firearm instincts kick in and I actually check the chamber is clear even though it's an airsoft gun. After spending the majority of my life handling firearms it comes naturally and people often ask me at games etc why I check the chamber after each game haha. Pure accident.

Still, better to do it! I'd love a habit like that lol....because it would mean I have an airsoft gun lol :P Dont you have/need to check the chamber anyway, because when you take the magazine out there could still be a bb there?

Still, better to do it! I'd love a habit like that lol....because it would mean I have an airsoft gun lol :P Dont you have/need to check the chamber anyway, because when you take the magazine out there could still be a bb there?

Unless it's an open bolt gas blowback or pistol it's near impossible to see inside an airsoft guns hop up chamber. The hop up isn't even under the charging handle on my M14 but I always have the habit thinking it's a firearm and check the chamber before realising it's not real andand that it's just a hop up dial before laughing at myself.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.