ordering from china/hong kong

TheGrover

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anybody ordered from china (or that part of the world) regularly through amazon? I ordered some camo gear coz i didnt pay attention to where it was shipped from, and it has given me a delivery window of about a month :P

Are Chinese/hong kong deliveries really this unreliable? Can i expect my purchase any time soon?

Thanks

I have bought shed loads (quite literally so my wife says!) of gear from various HK outlets, although not via Amazon it has to be said. Delivery has ranged from 6 days upto about 6 weeks.

I've bought a few bits and bobs from Chinese ebay sellers, i think the delay is due to waiting for the cargo container they rent some space in to fill before it gets shipped out, don't forget where it's coming from it will spend literally weeks at sea before getting to you.

I've bought a few bits and bobs from Chinese ebay sellers, i think the delay is due to waiting for the cargo container they rent some space in to fill before it gets shipped out, don't forget where it's coming from it will spend literally weeks at sea before getting to you.

I don;t think that is for all items.

Most of my items from China etc go via Airmail. A lot of the time it would sit in customs while they go through the other 100's of packages on the same plane.

I've bought craploads of stuff from China and HK, all sorts of stuff from guitars to bits for airsoft. It tends to average a little less than two weeks for delivery, although it has been as quick as four days once or twice.

It's probably just Amazon erring on the conservative side, I bet you it'll be here sooner than that, especially if it weighs not very much and can be compacted to fit easily in the corner of an air freight ULD container. Obviously on a container ship it'll take a long time, on an aeroplane it'll be a lot quicker. The 'month' they are quoting is because it takes a container ship approximately four weeks to get from HK to the UK via the Suez Canal and about five weeks if it goes via rounding the tip of South America, but I'm guessing it'll be driven to a hub and thrown into an airliner ULD and take maybe a week or so.

The earliest day for delivery was today (5 business days), so there must have been some chance of an air freight delivery. The tracking page hasnt updated for a couple of days, so i suspect it may be at a customs check or something

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.