Got some hydro film delivered today...

NH Shooter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So... I got home at about 6 and all I could find was some "feet" from an old cabinet that were roughly the right base colour... So...

IMG_20141115_184511_zpsjgjsl378.jpg

Sadly I left all my project guns at work... But I've prepped a sig 226 for Monday morning... So for any interested, I'll be uploading the result. I may make a thing of this... So I've got about 10 gun carcasses to practice colour variations on... So lots of pretty to come!

Definitely not as easy as it looks on Youtube. I had a go over the summer on half a dozen parts and only managed to get one dip that looked OK. The rest didn't adhere properly or had cracks/bubbles. It's very dependent on the undercoat, soak times, activator spray and temperature etc.. but I'm sure you already know that!

Unfortunately I've got no indoor space to do it, (the activator is nasty stuff!) so have to do mine outside. Which means in this weather I'll probably not be trying again until spring!

Have fun - look forward to seeing more pics :)

very interesting. Looking at it, for £65 you can get a full kit, which should be sufficient for my needs. Please do post pics etc and tell us what is easy / hard, very interested especially in how hard it is... thanks

I think it's generally quite easy, if you have the right kit and mindset... I'll post up the pistol by wed so you can have a look, plus a full report... Maybe even a vid.

cheers mate for that. Mind me asking how much you payed for a roll of it? And, will read up later but I'm guessing you can cut it up into bits, seems like a lot goes to waste when they dip them...

Depends where you get it to be honest and what pattern... But just Google hydro dip UK... You'll get 5 or 6 suppliers. You do get waste, but not silly amounts.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.