Best mosfet for under £20?

Jakeno

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys.

what is the best mosfet i can get for under £20 that lasts long and can withstand heavy currents?

also something that is easy to install with included wire.

• Supporters

Thoughts on the Gate Nano AAB? Looking at one for my M16 running a ZCI high torque motor, helical gears 100:200 with a ZCI microswitch gearbox shell with quick change spring, 9.6/10.8v NiMh, running 350fps atm but planning 420 as a DMR. Very quick response as is, and microswitches are like £3 if/when it burns out lol so is it worth it? Views please!

Edit; not trying to hijack thread, mods please move if appropiate

• Supporters

Thoughts on the Gate Nano AAB? Looking at one for my M16 running a ZCI high torque motor, helical gears 100:200 with a ZCI microswitch gearbox shell with quick change spring, 9.6/10.8v NiMh, running 350fps atm but planning 420 as a DMR. Very quick response as is, and microswitches are like £3 if/when it burns out lol so is it worth it? Views please!

Edit; not trying to hijack thread, mods please move if appropiate

1) if you run a mosfet the switch won't burn out.

2) older mosfets don't like microswitch triggers as they are inherently prone to switch bounce (think inadvertent burst fire every time you tap the trigger)

3) the new gen of Gate mosfets are fine with microswitch triggers as they have been built with them in mind.

I have a Nano AB (old version) in my M4 and it's great. The AAB is the newer version so it'll be just as great if not more so. Plus it's smaller. While your trigger switch is indeed cheap to change if it burns out it cannot actively brake your motor which you might like if you're planning a 420fps DMR build.

1) if you run a mosfet the switch won't burn out.

2) older mosfets don't like microswitch triggers as they are inherently prone to switch bounce (think inadvertent burst fire every time you tap the trigger)

3) the new gen of Gate mosfets are fine with microswitch triggers as they have been built with them in mind.

I have a Nano AB (old version) in my M4 and it's great. The AAB is the newer version so it'll be just as great if not more so. Plus it's smaller. While your trigger switch is indeed cheap to change if it burns out it cannot actively brake your motor which you might like if you're planning a 420fps DMR build.

many thanks Lozart, yeah it was the active braking that caught my eye, and its good to know it seems a decent mosfet then, I was thinking of the 3 round burst version but then with the DMR in mind its probably an unnecessary feature from my point of view.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.