What is the best gun for around 300 EUR?

Gargamel

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

MultiQuote is not working for me, so I'm just going to leave it to your imagination as to whom I'm replying:

There are 2 guns badged "Amoeba" on gunfire.pl AM-009 & AM-013 - i noticed them the other day but didn't really bother because they're AR's = not my ting at all. They do not say Ares, but elsewhere you can find the exact same model numbers on guns which look identical badged Ares, so I dunno, but I suspect they are the same gun. In which case, having an Ares L1A1 which looks great but is a pile of wank inside, I would be hesitant over buying another... but wtf do I know?

UTJ did indeed say that new CYMA models (048 and higher) are using LCT bodies, but as far as i know this is not strictly correct. They are the same design, and both made from pressed steel, but they are not manufactured on the same assembly line. Personally I've sent 1 LCT back because, although externally it was great, internally it was so shit that I just didn't even want to think about what it would cost to bring it up to the spec i expect from my guns. But it was an economy model from fire-support so i believe it was a body kit assembled into a gun with any old random internals they had lying around, not necessarily LCT parts.

That said, I have never read anyone saying "OMG my LCT gnu shoot so gd! I totally owned my buddy he CYMA hahaha" and nobody ever accuses VFC of being excellent shooters out of the box either. They are famous for very good externals. But people do say "OMG my CYMA AK shoot so far! He like a laser!" And also, of the lower numbered CYMA's, which are TM clones, that they are better shooters than the original TM guns from which they were copied. That last I can say for sure is true - I have tried a few TM AK's and I have one with an Inokatsu body kit (which I had to sort out because it was not shooting up to my standards - as it happens it is still in pieces because, in the meantime, I needed a gearbox for my tactical AK so used the modified TM one I had handy) and have 2 CYMA AK's also.

The TM clone CYMA's externals are not as good as the TM originals though and the furniture of the VFC clones (048 and above) is not as good as the original, but for the price you are getting a lot more bang for your buck - the CYMA CM02 V3 gearbox is bomb proof and can handle 11.1V LiPos without modification; both the plastic and metal hop units work very well; the hop rubbers are of a superior design with a split bump, which improves accuracy, but the quality control of these rubbers is not great so some of them are not perfectly moulded - that said, the retailer should replace that hop rubber with a perfect one if that proves to be the case.

But people do insist that if something costs more money it is better. Cristal is better than Lanson, right? Nike Airs are better than Hi Tec Hexalites, right? A 911 Turbo was/is better than an Astra GTE, right? Try them yourself... What you need to consider is what your budget allows and what your expectations are. That's not to say that a Bently isn't better than a Beamer, mind you, but then again the Bently is hand built by craftsmen - you could buy a VFC or a CYMA and I would still pwn you with £80's worth of tat put together from my bits box held together with gaffer tape. If you can afford it, buy VFC or LCT and upgrade the internals. If you can't, buy CYMA (048+) and be prepared to check that the hop rubber is good and maybe replace the furniture. Out of the box, the CYMA will almost certainly be the better shooter.

• Supporters

Seems i don't exist. Hey ho. Unfollowing...

MultiQuote is not working for me, so I'm just going to leave it to your imagination as to whom I'm replying:

There are 2 guns badged "Amoeba" on gunfire.pl AM-009 & AM-013 - i noticed them the other day but didn't really bother because they're AR's = not my ting at all. They do not say Ares, but elsewhere you can find the exact same model numbers on guns which look identical badged Ares, so I dunno, but I suspect they are the same gun. In which case, having an Ares L1A1 which looks great but is a pile of wank inside, I would be hesitant over buying another... but wtf do I know?

UTJ did indeed say that new CYMA models (048 and higher) are using LCT bodies, but as far as i know this is not strictly correct. They are the same design, and both made from pressed steel, but they are not manufactured on the same assembly line. Personally I've sent 1 LCT back because, although externally it was great, internally it was so sh*t that I just didn't even want to think about what it would cost to bring it up to the spec i expect from my guns. But it was an economy model from fire-support so i believe it was a body kit assembled into a gun with any old random internals they had lying around, not necessarily LCT parts.

That said, I have never read anyone saying "OMG my LCT gnu shoot so gd! I totally owned my buddy he CYMA hahaha" and nobody ever accuses VFC of being excellent shooters out of the box either. They are famous for very good externals. But people do say "OMG my CYMA AK shoot so far! He like a laser!" And also, of the lower numbered CYMA's, which are TM clones, that they are better shooters than the original TM guns from which they were copied. That last I can say for sure is true - I have tried a few TM AK's and I have one with an Inokatsu body kit (which I had to sort out because it was not shooting up to my standards - as it happens it is still in pieces because, in the meantime, I needed a gearbox for my tactical AK so used the modified TM one I had handy) and have 2 CYMA AK's also.

The TM clone CYMA's externals are not as good as the TM originals though and the furniture of the VFC clones (048 and above) is not as good as the original, but for the price you are getting a lot more bang for your buck - the CYMA CM02 V3 gearbox is bomb proof and can handle 11.1V LiPos without modification; both the plastic and metal hop units work very well; the hop rubbers are of a superior design with a split bump, which improves accuracy, but the quality control of these rubbers is not great so some of them are not perfectly moulded - that said, the retailer should replace that hop rubber with a perfect one if that proves to be the case.

But people do insist that if something costs more money it is better. Cristal is better than Lanson, right? Nike Airs are better than Hi Tec Hexalites, right? A 911 Turbo was/is better than an Astra GTE, right? Try them yourself... What you need to consider is what your budget allows and what your expectations are. That's not to say that a Bently isn't better than a Beamer, mind you, but then again the Bently is hand built by craftsmen - you could buy a VFC or a CYMA and I would still pwn you with £80's worth of tat put together from my bits box held together with gaffer tape. If you can afford it, buy VFC or LCT and upgrade the internals. If you can't, buy CYMA (048+) and be prepared to check that the hop rubber is good and maybe replace the furniture. Out of the box, the CYMA will almost certainly be the better shooter.

I missed the part about Amoeba, because i'm more interested in AK anyway :)

It is possible that Amoeba is from Ares but i don't know why would they have a different web site for the gun. Anyway, i just don' trust manufacturers that aren't on the market for a long time (Amoeba Airsoft if they actualy exist - the website says they are new), and like you said Ares has bad internals. So you can press the follow button again please :) I think this thread is good in terms of information.

Back to AK. I have scanned the internet about all sorts of Aks available, forums, opinions BUT most of the impressions, reviews etc. are from 2013 or older. I don't have much information about new LCTs, Cymas, G&Gs, Dboys, E&Ls....

I'll write a general impression that i got from other reviewers, forum experts and PLEASE give me back your opinions why do you think they are good or rubish. And we are talking about latest models. I'll leave out VFC and Real Sword, because they are not avaliable in my country or via website that i will buy from. And i don't want to buy a gun from god knows where and then pray for spare parts when i'll need them.

I can buy:

- Cyma

- LCT

- E&L

- G&G

- Dboys

E&L

The impression from the internet (and myself since i bought it, but it was a lemon) is that E&L externals are great or on the level of LCT. Internals are very good also but quality check is bad and you can get a lemon quickly. It also has some electricity problems (wires). + manufacturer is still pretty unknown - you are buying a cat in a bag.

LCT

Externals are very good. It is known as one of the best Aks out there external wise. Internals were Cyma based which is not a bad thing since Cyma is known for good internals, but latest models have LCTs own gearbox which people say is very good also.

Cyma

Very good internals but people still don't put Cymas internals ahead of LCTs latest version. They are on the same level which is good. Externaly it is not as good as LCT or E&L or even G&G. Quality check is bad and you can get a lemon quickly. Dboys and Cyma are in the same range, where American market favoures Dboys hugely, Europeans like Cyma more. For the price, Cyma is a very good gun, but if you want the same performance and top notch externals, you should go with LCT.

Dboys

Externals are a little bit better then Cyma, internals maybe a little bit worse. Don't know much more about them since i wasn't interested in them.

G&G

It's another cat in a bag, but not quality wise. Quality of externals are a little bit under LCT or E&L but better then Cyma/Dboys. Internals some say are great, some say they are rubish. This G&G AK guns really have some folowers and haters. More then any other brand. It costs the same as LCT so i just can't justify why would i buy G&G over LCT.

So, that is my take on these guns from internet forums and reviews. For the money, Cyma is nr. 1 (Americans say Dboys), but if you don't have a budget or are willing to spend more, LCT is a way to go. Yes, no? Again, we are talking about new units.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.