Annoying problem with my vsr

Teo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys.

I bought a well mb03 off my friend a few days ago which had upgrades with it but weren't installed, mainly an lightweight aluminium piston and an m150 spring. I took the stock and barrel off, took off the cylinder head and put in the new spring and piston.

When I put the piston head back on and tried to pull the bolt back, it made a dreadful scraping sound and scraped the cylinder, when I got the bolt back, I tried to push it forward again but it was so tough I had to hit it forward. It seems to be too tight on something, HELP!!!

WELL VSR cylinder are very often off spec compared to Tokyo Marui. There can also be tolerance issues with the trigger mech/cylinder alignment too.

You have two options: modify cylinder internals to fit or buy a new cylinder.

Modding internals:

First off,eliminate any problems in the cylinder.

Start off with the piston. The catch/end & guide rings are often culprits that cause excessive friction in WELL cylinders. Remove material equally throughout, a lathe and sandpaper would be ideal since it has to be precise and equal removal.

Once that is done clean it well,and use a suitable lubricant,Silicone grease is ideal. No spray lubricants will work well.

test fitment with and without the O-ring. Should move smoothly with a small bit of resistance,down to your judgement and how you feel it.

Did you change the spring guide? if so you must remove some material from the circular base. If should have a bit of movement in the cylinder. Again,lubricate well with a viscous grease.

Make sure the trigger box is screwed in completely. Then make sure the spring guide stopper is in securely and flush with the box.

Another issue is that the m150 spring is too strong for the stock trigger mech. The 45* mech pushes the piston against the walls and with heavier springs it pushes harder.

Also,an M150 will give the gun illegal power output in NI,unless it;s only for target shooting on private property,and it;s still illegal to own but nobody really gives a shit as long as you don;t use it on site or wave it about.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.