Airsoft Forums UK

Advice on beginning gun - ICS (Metal) M4 S.I.R. Crane Stock

Eritey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Went to my first skirmish this early this month and really enjoyed myself and want to get into the hobby more and therefore want to get my own gun. I don't mind spending a bit of cash on my first gun if its going to provide me with a good starting platform with room to expand the gun as I progress.

What are people's opinions on the ICS (Metal) M4 S.I.R. Crane Stock? link: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-metal-m4-sir-crane-stock-airsoft-gun-aeg

i personally and i think alot of people are gonna agree you are probably better off going for G&G, for that sort of money i dont know if that gun is worth it. if you dont know what you like yet but what a good gun then the general suggestion is to go for a G&G Combat Machine. they are about half the price and very reliable.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/gng-combat-machine-cm16-raider-long-black.htm#.Uw12gIVUNbs

i personally would buy this, i know its plastic but who cares, if your going for authentic then you will have to spend more money then the ICS. i also really trust patrol base they tend to be reliable. im unsure on fire support.

• Supporters

43 views and only one opinion? I'm worried that plastic will be to brittle and will break fast.

The G&G fibre reinforced nylon guns are like tanks. Well....maybe not actually like a tank but you know what I mean! I've used one a few times and they're great starter guns.

Personally I'd go for the ICS. Easy to work on with the split gearbox. You can buy a second upper gearbox set up for a different FPS and change it over in seconds if you plan on playing outdoors/indoors with differing limits.

The bad news is that you will have trouble finding new RIS and other externals that will fit without modding. It'll take any lasers/torches/sights etc. that you want, but doesn't give you many external enhancement options like pistol grips, stocks, outer barrels unless you are prepared to get the file and hacksaw out :)

The only thing I'd say about the SIR is that it is a fairly chunky old design of RIS. They tend to go for lower profile ones these days. The tubular RAS or CXP Long look better imho!

Personally I'd go for the ICS. Easy to work on with the split gearbox. You can buy a second upper gearbox set up for a different FPS and change it over in seconds if you plan on playing outdoors/indoors with differing limits.

The bad news is that you will have trouble finding new RIS and other externals that will fit without modding. It'll take any lasers/torches/sights etc. that you want, but doesn't give you many external enhancement options like pistol grips, stocks, outer barrels unless you are prepared to get the file and hacksaw out :)

The only thing I'd say about the SIR is that it is a fairly chunky old design of RIS. They tend to go for lower profile ones these days. The tubular RAS or CXP Long look better imho!

So you'd suggest I go with the RIS version of the gun, instead of the SIR?

What about this? http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-metal-m4-ris-crane-stock-airsoft-gun-aeg

at the end of the day mate its up to you what you buy as its what you want. everyone will have an opinion be in pos or neg. they are both good companies. no one makes a perfect rifles every time so theres always a risk. people spend 150 and get a reliable accurate beast and people spend 450 and it falls apart in 6 months.

So you'd suggest I go with the RIS version of the gun, instead of the SIR?

What about this? http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-metal-m4-ris-crane-stock-airsoft-gun-aeg

The SIR is a RIS, I was pointing out that it's an old design of RIS and not everyone's cup of tea :) Go with what you like to look of, that's really all that matters. All the ICS guns are the same internally, the externals are just the dressing!

Archived