Dilema!

Russe11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been toying with a few ideas for increasing my small arsenal. I currently have 2 MP5's and a MK23 Socom pistol.

The 1st MP5 is a Well MP5SD that shoots about 250-260fps. It works fine for indoor use and will probably be mainly used as a loaner to get some of my colleagues to come and join me.

I now have a CA sportline MP5 which I have not yet used but should be about the 310fps mark.

I mainly go to an indoor site on weekday evenings, it can be hard for me to get a Sunday off so outdoor stuff will not be a regular thing. I would however like to be able to hit people at a decent range when I do.

I have a budget of about £150-200, plus a £50 gift cert for swindon airsoft. My ideas include:

-Getting a JG G36 and a drum mag to build a support weapon.

-Spend a small amount on upgrading the MP5 (tight bore barrel, new spring) to get it closer to 350fps when I swap out the spring. Then spend money on a BFG and possibly a better sight (4x acog with red dot doctor sight or similar)

-My dream MP5 was too expensive but theres one I could repair with a soldering iron and some small tamiya connectors http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/RTB-MP5-BONEYARD-RTBBY.html

I know, the 3rd option is silly. I do not need 3 MP5's. Mp5's are just too sexy and that one in particular...

Oh also worth noting is that I don't have a car and cycle everywhere. MP5's fit in a backpack :)

spend £30 on a better hop up unit/rubber/nub, the extra 40 fps won't get you that much more range, more consistent backspin on your BB will.

What hop up unit should I be looking for? I have no knowledge of this sort of thing :)

Is the MP5 hop up the same as any other gun or does it have to be specifically an MP5 hop up? A quick search only finds TM or CA hop units, both are similar price and surely the CA unit will be the same as my CA MP5 already has?

• Supporters

hop-up unit for an MP5 seems to be pretty much as-is, no real upgrades available, but the nub and rubber will almost certainly benefit from an upgrade, lots of people swear by G&G green rubbers, personally I like the firefly soft rubber with an h-nub.

Would an inner barrel upgrade help much?

• Supporters

Generally a tight bore increases FPS and not a lot more, I'd say you'd be better off just making sure the one that's in there is spotlessly clean.

Another top-tip for getting extra range/accuracy in woodland is to use heavier ammo, I use 0.25 almost exclusively but I'd use 0.28 if I could justify the cost. Heavier object with the same wind resistance will lose energy slower, so while initial time to target (inside 25-30 metres) with a heavier BB is slower once you're out at the extreme end of your range the heavier one will arrive sooner, albeit by fractions of a second.

To expand on that support weapon, you can buy a cyma RPK, add a rakurs sights and you're done.

Or, get a G&P tactical AK Combat, add a drum mag and you've got yourself a nice RPKT

OR, Get and m4, buy a chunky m4 hardguard, and a C-mag, and you've got yourself a Colt IAR

• Supporters

To expand on that support weapon, you can buy a cyma RPK, add a rakurs sights and you're done.

Or, get a G&P tactical AK Combat, add a drum mag and you've got yourself a nice RPKT

OR, Get and m4, buy a chunky m4 hardguard, and a C-mag, and you've got yourself a Colt IAR

wtf are you smoking, I would genuinely like to know.

wtf are you smoking, I would genuinely like to know.

Its the fumes from constantly gluing his AK back together :D

I mean seriously, H&K never made an RPK or an M4 so they can't be worth considering :)

I think I shall do the minor internal upgrades and possibly get a new sight then get a BFG and save up for a bit before getting a machinegun. If it isn't H&K it will probably be one of these: http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152201772-ZB26-machinegun-replica.html

eng_pl_ZB26-machinegun-replica-115220177

Not for shooting mind, just to sit and stare at :)

• Supporters

H&K do make the 416 though which is largely similar externally to an M4, definitely worth a look if you're in the market for that kind of thing.

To clarify for AK47frizzle's benefit also, the M27 IAR is a modified HK416 with a heavier barrel and modified gas block to allow for sustained rapid fire, it's intended use by the USMC is as a light support weapon and it's being used with standard 30 round STANAG mags rather than a c-mag type arrangement. I expect they'll be back to using M249s in a few years though when they realise that 30 bullets aint enough for effective suppression in the long term! Oh, and colt have nothing to do with it.

Archived