Eye pro

LycandersAim
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey do any of you guys have experience with bolle cobra's?

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/cobra_pc_clear_lens.html

I have got some from eBay and they feel pretty solid. But being new and untrusting of quality I decided blasted them with my g18 abit just to be sure. They are still in one piece which is good news for my eyes. But just wondered if anyone els have gave them a go?

I haven't used them myself, and I too would be a bit uneasy at the price since they are suspiciously cheap. But, maybe they will turn out to be great value. As far as I know Bollé are a pretty good brand so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Just don't take my word for it. Hope somebody more experienced will help you out here mate as I can't see this being especially useful (sorry I couldn't really answer your question)

EDIT: they are called 'safety spectacles' so should be adequately ballistics tested and everything

post-7670-0-94635600-1387151801_thumb.jpg

Are those from Bolle's shooting range ot safety glass range ? The latter are very cheap and just as strong (if not stronger). I use a couple of pairs of their safety glasses - neither was more than £10, unlike their shooting glasses that are considerably more.

Are those from Bolle's shooting range ot safety glass range ? The latter are very cheap and just as strong (if not stronger). I use a couple of pairs of their safety glasses - neither was more than £10, unlike their shooting glasses that are considerably more.

They were about a 10er I'm sure it was seafty range.

• Supporters

I can't find the relevant specs on the Bolle website but 3rd party websites list them as have EN 166 rated lenses which is sufficient for airsoft. Personally I like to see the rating on the manufacturers website or at worse a reputable retailer - or you could stress test them like you are doing, but I would imagine this is similar to doing drop tests with mobile devices and may or may not highlight weaknesses depending on the angle of impact.

I can't find the relevant specs on the Bolle website but 3rd party websites list them as have EN 166 rated lenses which is sufficient for airsoft. Personally I like to see the rating on the manufacturers website or at worse a reputable retailer - or you could stress test them like you are doing, but I would imagine this is similar to doing drop tests with mobile devices and may or may not highlight weaknesses depending on the angle of impact.

10/10 for giving me the willies lol. I see where your coming from though. I'm just glad I got some answers from a different perspective. Cheers guys!

Archived