M4 lower receiver mag wobble trouble

Ditch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I'm having massive amounts of trouble getting my classic army M4 running again. The plastic lower cracked, which fed flawlessly, the mags (I've tried standard, pmag, hi cap, Viet mags) fit perfectly and snug. Shower BOTH metal bodies I've tried to repair it wobble the mag back and forth. I've tried tape, I've even tried chemical metal on both sanding to prop the mag in but all this does is feed when it fancies it and mags mag changes a chore.

So... What metal bodies have no mag wobble in? I really can't afford to get it wrong again and I'm lost, I'd appreciate any help/direction

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar problem with an after-market body I bought. Nothing seemed to work properly. The gun cycled fine without a mag in, but as soon as the mag was fitted it would not feed properly and seemed to have a lot of wobble. After a lot of checking it came down to the lower being a few mm to long in one place and too short in another (basically the holes for the pins holding the gearbox were badly drilled) so that the gearbox wasn't sitting quite right and not allowing the feed hole in the mag to line up correctly with the hop unit. Change of lower sorted it.

Archived