Home Made Claymores

Oshia
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

yea id figured that thats why the point they wont be having to hold back teh pressure of the springs but the clip that holds the door closed.... so less problem there.... more that i dont have a cut off for the motor so am likely to burn out a few gears trying it when i get that far...

• Supporters

Whatever the motor pulls, it will be holding back the full power of the springs, otherwise it wouldn't work.

was thinking something along the lines of this, motor connected to the pivot via gears. possibly having the back of the catch extending through the top so that it can be used in tripwire shaniagins...

claymore_zps862c7194.png

• Supporters

claymore_zps_iansidea.jpg

possibly need an anti-reversal latch in there, although maybe not - if the rack was curved so it could travel further left without the extra teeth preventing it travelling right when the motor engages, you could snap it closed against tensioning the lever spring, so it would reset after the catch had engaged - you ought to be able to do it with an ordinary set of AEG gears (excuse the sector gear drawing - it was about to get impossible to understand if i added another set of teeth :lol: )

It would be relatively simple to make a claymore that used existing pyros. You would just mount the cap on a rotating disk so that when a motor rotates the disk it strikes the pyro, for safety you could just make the front cover out of craft foam with foil glued to the inside so that when it gets blown off, its not dangerous.

only thing being accidental detonation in face etc. also afik the door does drop in actual claymores to allow the explosive and shrapnel out. and personally i prefer to advoid pyros, but yea would be possible for others interested..

• Supporters

You can't add anything to existing pyros yourself, because, as innocuous as whatever you may do may be, legally it is modifying the pyro which means that the insurance which covers the manufacturer would not cover any mishap, and so in turn the site insurance would not cover the game it was used in...

...unless of course you do get public liability insurance for yourself as a modifier of pyros!

Archived