Mosfet

PieStuffedRambo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I have one in my M4A1. Not tried it in anger as yet but they will extend the life of your trigger contacts and reduce motor run-on. Using it Thursday night so I'll post an opinion Friday.

• Supporters

Right then, played last night. Gun worked nicely (pretty much). The Active Braking part of the MOSFET certainly makes its presence felt in the sound of the gun - it's much crisper more of a "fupp" than a "fwarrrp" if you will firing on semi. Only time will tell on the lifespan of the trigger contacts though.

Did have a couple of jams on semi mind you. Not saying it's the MOSFET at this time until I can work out what's happening.

I fitted an AirFET from ebay into my sons G36 after burning out the trigger contacts with a 9.9V LiFe.

It also has active braking and has made the trigger action very crisp and precise.

The downside (possibly) with this one, is that you have to solder it in, unlike the above plug and play unit.

The AirFET (and possibly others??) turns the trigger contact (switch) into a low voltage switch (I think) so that the full 7.4v/9.9v/11.1v does not go through the metal contacts on the trigger switch which are a little thin and will "burn out" in a short period of time, but rather straight from battery to motor

This is the link for the AirFET, I'm in no way linked to this company, have just used their product.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190886775123?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Regards

Chris

• Supporters

I fitted an AirFET from ebay into my sons G36 after burning out the trigger contacts with a 9.9V LiFe.

It also has active braking and has made the trigger action very crisp and precise.

The downside (possibly) with this one, is that you have to solder it in, unlike the above plug and play unit.

The AirFET (and possibly others??) turns the trigger contact (switch) into a low voltage switch (I think) so that the full 7.4v/9.9v/11.1v does not go through the metal contacts on the trigger switch which are a little thin and will "burn out" in a short period of time, but rather straight from battery to motor

This is the link for the AirFET, I'm in no way linked to this company, have just used their product.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190886775123?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Regards

Chris

Depending on how you choose to configure the NanoAB it also needs soldering to some degree. If you want to completely bypass the trigger contacts and replace them with a pair of low voltage wires you still have to disconnect the original wiring and solder in the thinner low current wires that come with the kit.

Archived