Best hop-up? M4 Upgrades?

JRTIGHE
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got a King Arms M4 and I'm not really happy with how loud it is. I'm hoping to rectify this for as little money as possible while also improving the accuracy and the consistency of the BB trajectory. All parts will be ordered from HK as the price of upgrade parts in the UK is ridiculous, and I don't mind waiting for them to come through.

So, what's generally regarded as the best hop-up? I would get a tightbore barrel too but I wouldn't trust one coming through the post from HK, and at £35 for a Madbull Python from LWA it's out of my price range. Has anyone used the Element hop rubbers, and is it worth getting an Element H-nub for that too?

On the making things quieter front, I think I'm going to buy some shims to try and minimalise the gear noise. Also the Element silent head set [http://www.acmgear.com/element-duracon-silent-head-in0809-p-366.html] which should hopefully both improve compression and reduce the noise a bit. Oh and I'm also thinking about buying some 7mm metal bushings as I'm not sure if the gearbox has plastic ones or not.

Thoughts?

For the best Hop Up rubbers I would say the Promethean or Guarder ones. I've used Madbull Blues and Reds and they're fine if you're on a budget.

The Madbull Python at £35 is alright actually. You'll struggle to go lower than that and expect the same quality (which is fairly good for the price).

Archived