TM G36K Recoil Shock

Sike
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

really considering this to be my next buy. but im looking for 2nd opinions as they are not many reviews on it! does anyone here have any expierence.

obviously its a TM so its going to be great. but would i better of buying the SRC G36k and spending a little bit of cash on upgrades? (spring, tightbore, hopup etc)

Have a look at the Ares one if you want blow back

• Supporters

The TM's good, comparable to the Sopmod series and Scars but lacks the bolt catch feature.

Externals arent amazing but they're ok- not up to the CA or KWA standards though.

As Tariq said ares are an alternative, although with the amount of lemons they produce, personally I wouldnt have one- but the option is there all the same :)

They're getting better MP. I have had 1 myself though but still recommend one.

If you don't get a lemon, which is quite rare now they are fantastic.

Mine was from the first batch of ebb guns for the uk. The shop I bought it from have not had any problems with newer ones.

To be honest mate it's gonna come down to how much you value the recoil. For me i fired my recoil and I was sold instantly. The rest almost didn't matter. Performance wise there is not a million miles of difference in performance between a lot of guns but the recoil is a completely new dimension. It's like comparing a BMW, a merc and a plane. They are all vehicles but only one flies. Now of course you can get from a to b on ground, but if you enjoy flying then there's no way to experience that via a car. Do you see what I mean???

I'm not saying recoil makes if the best gun, but if you enjoy recoil then it's for you!

• Supporters

would i better of buying the SRC G36k and spending a little bit of cash on upgrades? (spring, tightbore, hopup etc)

I like mine. The only thing that absolutely needs changing, out of the box, is the hop rubber. But yeah, a TBB will help. The Hop Up Unit on a Gen III is already metal and although it's zinc alloy, it's not a crappy moulding and has no bits that will obviously snap off with wear.

It depends whether you want blowback. Personally I don't. It's just more stuff to go wrong and, let's have it right, it's not recoil; it's nothing like recoil, if it was anything like recoil the forces involved would make them 1) improbably expensive, and 2) illegal.

Archived