Good BB's.

Wing Commander
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What about biodegradable BB's? B)

Have brought some King's in 20G.

Are there better and do they come in 12G?

Don't really want the place littered up with them after a while and it would be good to look after the planet. :D

I now use strikemaster biodegradable (though it takes 5 years instead of 200). They work in my guns are consistant and a good price.

If you have a good AEG NEVER NEVER use .12's they are for market bought guns and will destroy an AEG which you may take skirmishing

I now use strikemaster biodegradable (though it takes 5 years instead of 200). They work in my guns are consistant and a good price.

If you have a good AEG NEVER NEVER use .12's they are for market bought guns and will destroy an AEG which you may take skirmishing

Cheers.

Kings reckon they degrade in 90 days sunlight, so that must be about a year. B)

Why will 12G's destroy a gun? Is it because they do not put up enough resistance for the spring and plunger? or some other reason? <_<

Cheers.

Kings reckon they degrade in 90 days sunlight, so that must be about a year. B)

Why will 12G's destroy a gun? Is it because they do not put up enough resistance for the spring and plunger? or some other reason? <_<

Oh and I think I got ripped off cause it cost me £26 including post & Packing for 5,000.

.12's are not polished or go through a quality control process. If you have a look at .12's, normally the yellow or bright orange ones, you can see seams, bulges and knobly bits. All of these will rip your hop rubber to shreds, cause jams in the barrel due to irregular sizes and genrally be crap. If you have a large amount jam in the barrel/hop area then it can break the piston and bugger your gearbox. If you manage to find a polished provider of .12's then the fps of a proper AEG (280-340) will cause them to fly skywards, disintegrate or generally be highly inacurate.

£25 inc p&p is a bit high, but some BB's are £15-20 for 5,000. I know that I pay £7-10 for 5,000 and am perfectly happy with their performance.

You have not been ripped off, you have paid the going rate for that make. However there are other makes who are just as good, and a lot cheaper. Don't feel ripped off, they will be great. however have a chat with guys at your skirmish site and see what they use and recomend.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived