CM16 Carbine and G&G Xtreme 45 + Red Dot

Shinobi
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Guys! I posted recently about two tone modification, and have found some cool guns. Im going to get the CM16 Carbine. I've heard it's a great starter gun, but what are your opinions? Also, when the time comes I know it's easily upgradeable. Then, I saw a decent G&G pistol, the Xtreme 45. I will have to have it two toned which is annoying as I don't think the slide is easily replaceable (Is it?). Also, it runs on C02 and England (As you all know) has a tendency to be quite cold. What temperatures will a C02 gun work in, and when will it start to go downhill? Would a Cyma G18c be good option? If there are any other pistol suggestions, C02 or AEP only, they'd be greatly appreciated. Finally, the Red Dot. I found this one http://dx.com/p/tactical-4-reticle-red-dot-sight-scope-with-gun-mount-black-1-x-cr2032-102707 , and wanted to check if it was alright. I know, it's unbranded, but it seems to have suprisingly good reviews. Any ideas? Other options? Apologies for any typos or if i've put this in the wrong section on the forums, it's late! Thanks,

Shinobi :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

G&G CM16 = epic guns, i have the raider L, i cannot recomend it enough, it out ranging far more expensave guns, and is good to go right out of the box

CO2 = very good in UK, but be careful of having too high fps, as sites might not like/allow it

i am using a we hi capa 5.1 dragon with the co2 mag (this mag keeps fps same as green gas)

see my thread "acog recomendations" or just get a 551 sight off ebay

G&G CM16 = epic guns, i have the raider L, i cannot recoment it enough, it out ranging far more expensave guns, and is good to go right out of the box

CO2 = very good in UK, but be careful of having too high fps, as sites might not like/allow it

i am using a we hi capa 5.1 dragon with the co2 mag (this mag keeps fps same as green gas)

see my thread "acog recomendations" or just get a 551 sight off ebay

Thanks alot man! Any Aep's or C02 pistols for under £100 that are good, and have a U370FPS? Also, would the Red Dot I linked be okay? I'll be sure to check your reccomendations though! :D Thanks for the reply! :D

EDIT: Didn't realise the WE was in the UK! :L

• Supporters

for pistols TM or WE but read reviews, pure co2 pistols i am not 100% on.

you might get done with customs buying from outside uk .... might not, i would try and buy from uk mate ;)

for pistols TM or WE but read reviews, pure co2 pistols i am not 100% on.

you might get done with customs buying from outside uk .... might not, i would try and buy from uk mate ;)

Ok, I wasn't planning on getting it from outside the UK, sorry if I came across as saying I was :L What C02 clips can you get for that WE HI CAPA, and where from? Would that Red Dot be okay, as the only 551's are like £40 :/

EDIT: Oh, were you saying not to buy that sight from outside the UK?

• Supporters

arrr fair doo's mate ;) i just figured american site = buying from american site

i got my mags from milspec solutions, they are gbb specilists, and Iain is a top bloke

for £33, i think this is the guy i got my 551 off http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-and-Green-Dot-Holographic-Tactical-551-Rifle-Scope-Sight-10-Levels-UK-Stock-/321104428040?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item4ac350bc08 its not bad for the money, it dose have a little ghosting, and i doubt it has 10 level settings.

That red dot dose seem ok, there is a "similar" one on ebay for £19+ all depends on what you want ;)

arrr fair doo's mate ;) i just figured american site = buying from american site

i got my mags from milspec solutions, they are gbb specilists, and Iain is a top bloke

for £33, i think this is the guy i got my 551 off http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-and-Green-Dot-Holographic-Tactical-551-Rifle-Scope-Sight-10-Levels-UK-Stock-/321104428040?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item4ac350bc08 its not bad for the money, it dose have a little ghosting, and i doubt it has 10 level settings.

That red dot dose seem ok, there is a "similar" one on ebay for £19+ all depends on what you want ;)

Ok, thanks alot Mate! Found the mags, and am liking that 551! I've got about £150 ish so im going to get a CM16, and a sight. In a few-6 months, I plan on getting a pistol. Thanks for all your help! :D

no probs mate, where are you getting your cm16 from though? make sure you shop around ;) deals are there to be had :D

Zeroone, I need it two toning :/ Plan on getting a defense and changing the green parts though. Oh and is the RIS on the Raider-L removeable? Because I wanted that one, but the stock was expensive to replace and I heard the rails were part of the upper receiver, so I considered the Carbine Model?

• Supporters

that's where i got mine from :D , i was lucky though they had a Easter event on and i got 10% off.

i think the ris is, as that's one of the things they sprayed green on my gun (flash hider/ris/stock are all green on my gun), however i am not 100%, probably best to give zero one a call first. you can get the standard raider, it has the same ris, the only difference is the barrel sticks out more on the raider L.

the 2 tone can be removed once you have a defense (UKARA) ;)

that's where i got mine from :D , i was lucky though they had a Easter event on and i got 10% off.

i think the ris is, as that's one of the things they sprayed green on my gun (flash hider/ris/stock are all green on my gun), however i am not 100%, probably best to give zero one a call first. you can get the standard raider, it has the same ris, the only difference is the barrel sticks out more on the raider L.

the 2 tone can be removed once you have a defense (UKARA) ;)

Ok, I plan on getting a suppresor to replace the flash hider, a MOE handguard or another RIS (Black/Tan) for the RIS (If it's removeable) and a new crane stock (Black/Tan) I can't get a UKARA, but i'll get a junior membership as a defence, apparently that works for U18's.

• Supporters

Ok, I plan on getting a suppresor to replace the flash hider, a MOE handguard or another RIS (Black/Tan) for the RIS (If it's removeable) and a new crane stock (Black/Tan) I can't get a UKARA, but i'll get a junior membership as a defence, apparently that works for U18's.

i hate to say this but i am not 100% sure it dose. the reason i say this is, i was/am under the impression that you had to be 18+ to get UKARA, i have heard of the junior one, but i am not 100% sure its a legal defense i only say this as i would hate to hear that the plod get involved etc, i doubt they would, but you carn't bee too sure with some yogurt knitters.

i hope someone can clarify this for you, and if i am wrong, then i have learned something new :)

i hate to say this but i am not 100% sure it dose. the reason i say this is, i was/am under the impression that you had to be 18+ to get UKARA, i have heard of the junior one, but i am not 100% sure its a legal defense i only say this as i would hate to hear that the plod get involved etc, i doubt they would, but you carn't bee too sure with some yogurt knitters.

i hope someone can clarify this for you, and if i am wrong, then i have learned something new :)

Hmm, well, that's abit annoying :/ I'd heard if it was a site with legal insurance and you went regularily and had a membership you could ( I made a topic here:http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/15686-two-tone-modification/) I guess it's annoying, but not the end of the world

• Supporters

i may be wrong, but unless i am 100%, well i hate to burst anyone's bubble. i know its not illegal to own a RIF, but my understanding was that its illegal to "manufacture a IF into a RIF" with out a valid defense.

also i take that your parents would be "gifting" you the gun, as you need to be 18+ to buy a IF ;):) and zero one do check your age, i had to upload a scan of my driving licence, before they would ship my gun .. guess they are just covering there backs etc.

i may be wrong, but unless i am 100%, well i hate to burst anyone's bubble. i know its not illegal to own a RIF, but my understanding was that its illegal to "manufacture a IF into a RIF" with out a valid defense.

also i take that your parents would be "gifting" you the gun, as you need to be 18+ to buy a IF ;):) and zero one do check your age, i had to upload a scan of my driving licence, before they would ship my gun .. guess they are just covering there backs etc.

Yeah, I was hoping on getting it for my Birthday. I'll have to check whether or not it can be used as a valid defence witht the site. If not, I can just about live with two tone ;)

• Supporters

Yeah, I was hoping on getting it for my Birthday. I'll have to check whether or not it can be used as a valid defence witht the site. If not, I can just about live with two tone ;)

to be honest there green isn't that bad ......... and it wears off ;) ;) just takes a while

to be honest there green isn't that bad ......... and it wears off ;) ;) just takes a while

Im really liking that 5.1 Dragon! :D How does it perform? :D

• Supporters

its a gas hog! i wont lie, with the standard mag, it can run out of green gas before the last bb!

however with the CO2 mag i can get 2 mag loads of bb's out of it :D

and it kicks like a mule :D:D:D but that's just the metal slide knocking around ........ looks sweet though, and its bloody accurate, frighteningly lol

can't say i have had lot of kills off it, its more last stand/decoration :lol::lol: (and i completely forgot i had it today and had to die when i emptied a my raiders 450rd hi cap mag :lol::lol: i know i am a nugget :lol: )

its a gas hog! i wont lie, with the standard mag, it can run out of green gas before the last bb!

however with the CO2 mag i can get 2 mag loads of bb's out of it :D

and it kicks like a mule :D:D:D but that's just the metal slide knocking around ........ looks sweet though, and its bloody accurate, frighteningly lol

can't say i have had lot of kills off it, its more last stand/decoration :lol::lol: (and i completely forgot i had it today and had to die when i emptied a my raiders 450rd hi cap mag :lol::lol: i know i am a nugget :lol: )

Hmm, might have to go with an AEP then if it's one capsule per 2 mags :(

• Supporters

ed has said his WE glock is good for 60+rds, so i just put it down to the dragon being a gas hog.

i hear TM are quite good on gas, but i have no data to back that up.

Due to being 16, I have read the VCRA numerous times to try and work out the do's and don't's.

Now the way I have read this implies that under 18's can manufacture a realistic imitation firearm if they have a valid defence stated in the 'defences' section of the act. 'Manufacturing' a realistic imitation firearm would be to transform an imitation firearm (2-tone gun) so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm (e.g. painting over the two-tone, replacing the parts with black ones etc.)

It also implies that under 18's can import guns into the country as long as they have a valid defence.

Please note that while you may have to be 18 to gain a UKARA license, you do not have to be 18 to have a 'defence', which ultimately is the important thing in this situation. A suitable defence could be a site membership, or just a record book which you get signed by the site you play at every time you attend.

In reality, the wording of this act is completely and utterly flawed, which means that people are living off different rules completely. For example, X-Site (I have no idea who these people are, just heard of them on the Internet) run a Junior Membership scheme, and are selling RIFs to under-18's who have a defence through their parents. So X-Site sell the RIF to the over 18 parent (who has no defence) who then gifts it to the child (who has a defence - X-Site Junior membership). Don't know how they figured that was legal, but they're doing it.

Back on topic: G&G CM16's are really good starter weapons and can be easily upgraded so that they compete with anything else on the field. If you're having to get one two-toned, I'd recommend getting the non-RIS one as it would be much easier to work with. Painting an RIS is ridiculously hard and pretty shabby (a friend did it to his G&G CVM16 Raider).

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a) he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

(b he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

(c ) he sells a realistic imitation firearm; or

(d) he brings a realistic imitation firearm into Great Britain or causes one to be brought into Great Britain.

Supplying Imitation Firearms to Minors

1) It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm.

2) It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to person under the age of eighteen.

You can read all of that here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/part/2/crossheading/imitation-firearms

I'd also just like to point out, that in the act "buying" seems only to apply to buying in the UK, as "importing" is mentioned somewhere else. There is no age boundary on importing, but there is on buying from the UK.

You can read all of that here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/part/2/crossheading/imitation-firearms

I'd also just like to point out, that in the act "buying" seems only to apply to buying in the UK, as "importing" is mentioned somewhere else. There is no age boundary on importing, but there is on buying from the UK.

Thanks loads man, really cleared that one up for me :D

ed has said his WE glock is good for 60+rds, so i just put it down to the dragon being a gas hog.

i hear TM are quite good on gas, but i have no data to back that up.

Still think I might have to get an AEP, I can't go spending 55p on two mags. Today on my springer I must've got through 6+ :/

Archived