Mars One

SheriffHD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 40, and you wish to start a new life on a new planet, then send in your application to mars one now.

teams will be trained over the next 7 years ready for the first send on in 2023.

This is a one way trip, so if you have kids and a wife, then you are the perfect candidate as we all know men will do anything to get away from them.

_________

Joking aside, there is actually a mission planned to send men to mars in 2023. You can send in your application for it now.

It is a one way trip, so spend awhile thinking about this before you send off your application.

http://applicants.mars-one.com/

What do you guys think of this whole thing?

Should this happen, I expect at least 1 person to decide (after landing) that it was a bad idea and do pretty much anything to try and get back.

I'll wait until they've got the daily shuttle services to and from Earth in operation...

not really "daily" its a 7 month trip, and its one wya because the shutting will be used to make habitual living areas.

Personally, I'd love to go, but thats because I was raised on star trek and stargate and love space.

The last remark was meant to be tongue in cheek, not completely serious, but fair one. It'll be a looong time before we have the technology to allow for daily shuttles...

But back to Mars One - it's an interesting concept, but not one for me. Seriously, if something goes wrong up there, the cavalry won't be coming to help. It's one thing waiting a few hours for the emergency response, it's another to be waiting half a year for help. I'll watch with interest to see how far this actually gets.

well, they plan to start seding supplies over in 2016 i think, and continue to do it every few years then in 2023 send the first team of four people, then another team every 4 years.

I would love the one way trip. No worries about haing to pay tax, no need to mo the lawn, have a valid excuse to never leave the house, because you literately cant breath outside. in all it sounds perfect.

part frm cant airsoft, cant game (unless you want to try your hand at a 24minute ping)

well, they plan to start seding supplies over in 2016 i think, and continue to do it every few years then in 2023 send the first team of four people, then another team every 4 years.

I would love the one way trip. No worries about haing to pay tax, no need to mo the lawn, have a valid excuse to never leave the house, because you literately cant breath outside. in all it sounds perfect.

part frm cant airsoft, cant game (unless you want to try your hand at a 24minute ping)

airsoft on mars? in space suits?

Archived