Need Help With New Scope

Silent7Sniper7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I got my new scope today but im having trouble.

Its a Richter Optik 6-24X50AOE

Ive found it to be blury when aiming at objects but not on people (my brother)

Also I cant zoom in because I then cant see s**t

Ive spent the past hour & half doing what I can but no good.

Any ideas?

It could be the eye relief distance, just try playing around with it when aimed at an object. Try adjusting everything to see if you get something from it. Clean the lens maybe. I have no idea if none of that works since I really only know the basics so if I'd think it'd perhaps be defective.

• Supporters

Try holding it further from your eye, high power optics generally need between 1 and 5 inches of space between the front lens and your eye to be able to see through it, getting this distance correct will become more important the higher the zoom.

As for the blurring, I'd have thought a scope with that level of zoom would have a dial to turn, either around the eye piece or as a third adjustment turret, that allows you to change the focus,

Im an idiot thanks ed, that explains a dial on the scope that only made it worse.

I'll try again tomorrow, im also going to see my dad thursday who is awesome at setting up scopes.

Archived