First skirmish on Saturday. Tips?

airnoob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Super excited about my first skirmish on Saturday at Bunker 51. Anyone got any cool tactics or tips for CQB? :)

For CQB there are many to master!

When taking corners dont forget to slice your way around using the approriate shoulder. This means learning to switch shoulders to give anybody around the bend less to shoot at. Do NOT cross your legs when doing this. Side step properly.

Avoid doors if possible, if you have to stand in a doorway, avoid the fatal funnel (the area the door would take up if it was laid flat on both sides). Treat the doorway as a large corner, slice all the way around. When you enter glance to your other side for enemies and try not to get caught out.

If grenades are allowed, then dont bunch up in the same small room. One good throw and youre all DOOOOOMED!

T- junctions are similar to doorways... Best to tackle those in a pair.

But more importantly, HAVE FUN! You will get shot... A LOT in CQB. Probably in the face too. So aim down if possible. people will appreciate it.

For CQB there are many to master!

When taking corners dont forget to slice your way around using the approriate shoulder. This means learning to switch shoulders to give anybody around the bend less to shoot at. Do NOT cross your legs when doing this. Side step properly.

Avoid doors if possible, if you have to stand in a doorway, avoid the fatal funnel (the area the door would take up if it was laid flat on both sides). Treat the doorway as a large corner, slice all the way around. When you enter glance to your other side for enemies and try not to get caught out.

If grenades are allowed, then dont bunch up in the same small room. One good throw and youre all DOOOOOMED!

T- junctions are similar to doorways... Best to tackle those in a pair.

But more importantly, HAVE FUN! You will get shot... A LOT in CQB. Probably in the face too. So aim down if possible. people will appreciate it.

Wow, really cool tactics. Thanks for sharing. It's exciting to know that people take airsoft so seriously, and there's a dedication to the craft.

my first skirmish was only a couple of weeks ago and the guys on here were very helpful with tips. the best tip i got was to enjoy the day which i have no doubt you will.

couple of other things keep hydrated. with CQB wear a full face mask

most of all have fun

quick tactics . shoot , be shot . laugh ,shout . take plenty of drinkables . and enjoy until u get into it. then find ur own tactics.

• Supporters

Don't stand on top of the wall (Basically try not to touch the wall)

do the Pie Manouver Acorn Mentioned with the tip of your barrel in line or just behind the corner (Your Side of the corner)

and if you see people coming out high crouch and go low but that's kind of hard to describe and a little more advanced

one thing i can not recomend highly enough is remember to talk to your team during the game's as even if u get hit by calling out "contact front" etc you may end up stopping more of your guys be hit.

also watch the more experianced guys in your team how they move etc them mimic them

i think craig ment the old cod trick of drop to the floor so the enemy shoot over ur head trick.

Bunker 51........

Dont stay in one place for too long

Get out of the "Jail" zone as quickly as possible

Try not to get bottle necked/trapped

Listen to the regulars for tactics on the games

Take your hits

Wear full face protection

Drink plenty of water

Shoot the enemy

Have fun!!

The squad communication thing is something that I have always wanted to master after watching all those SEALs movies and action movies over the years. I think being able to say "Contact" in a deep gruff voice is pretty much the only reason I started this airsoft malarkey. :)

In terms of the prone position - do people do that in CQB? I imagine that due to the speed of the games, lying down might not be the right tactic...

The squad communication thing is something that I have always wanted to master after watching all those SEALs movies and action movies over the years. I think being able to say "Contact" in a deep gruff voice is pretty much the only reason I started this airsoft malarkey. :)

In terms of the prone position - do people do that in CQB? I imagine that due to the speed of the games, lying down might not be the right tactic...

*That moment when you realise that tomorrow isn't in fact November 3rd, and you have to wait until next Saturday for your skirmish... AHHHH!!! I'm a retard.

lol i ment call out the contact before you get hit that way if u dont get him and he gets u ur team knows there is danger close

It's actually this Saturday, not last Saturday. I guess I got too excited and forgot to read the date properly LOL. At least I've got something to look forward to this week!

Archived