Custom L96 - Slam Firing etc.

proffrink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Hey guys. So I've stripped out my old Mauser L96 and basically refitted the whole thing par the bolt assembly and cylinder block. I'm replacing the trigger box, barrel, cylinder, spring, piston/guide, inner-barrel, hop-up; the works.

Anyway, right now I'm working on the main assembly and I've run into a problem.

First of all can I say that when it comes to sniper rifles I'm a total noob. I've worked on AEG builds but I figured I'd start out with something I thought would be quite easy as L96 modifications are quite well documented and it's easy to get parts.

So I've assembled the whole thing with new parts and there's an issue; I draw back the bolt and it cocks, then I can fire it (it's quite loud but I'm not sure if this is usual) after that it won't re-cock at all.

I've looked the whole thing over and I'm stumped. Maybe you guys can shed some light on this.

Here are some photo albums:

http://imgur.com/a/lUqoC

http://imgur.com/a/YTAZS

I'm using:

- ProAirsoft cylinder

- Proairsoft piston

- M150 spring

- Ball-bearing spring guide

- Original cylinder head

- ProAirsoft trigger box/sear/locking pin

- Original bolt handle etc. (all the pins are there, don't worry)

Thank you very much for the help! :D

• Root Admin
Check airsoftsniperparts website. Only thing I can think of is the cylinder head not going into the hop unit properly.

Hehe, as it happens I sent Darren a long e-mail last night about it, but there's no issue now. I sat down this morning and took the trigger apart again and reassembled the thing in every way I could think of (using various bits of pictures on the internet to get a schematic) and it's now working :D - the sear wasn't sitting in the right place.

No barrel/hop-up assembly yet. I'm still working on the bolt - I'll be doing the hop-up today.

Anyway, it's fixed now; I do think the AirsoftPro guys should have a technical drawing of the trigger box somewhere though.

Thanks for your help :)

Archived