the guide to all G36 veriants

adam bussey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

standard disassembly for ARES/Umarex G36 series

Make sure to check the gearbox for loose screws after each skirmish. The EBB system tends to shake out the gearbox screws holding anything and everything together.

G36 P-mags are awesome and fit into M4 pouches :D

And look awesome as hell :P

hi

i have an SRC G36KV nice gun but ugly and and heavy,but then again I like to be a bit different. One thing I will say is if you have the SRC one, is that I would'nt fold the stock for any reason as on mine this right where the rear cable conector is and is ful exposed when folded, dont know about ARES one

link for SRC gearbox assembly

link for SRC body assembly

Not in the ARES one... as it's front wired :P

here is one don't by from wolf armouries! my gun arrived and was firing at 380fps with .2 gram bb when it says on their web site 320-360 and they said it would take large batteries witch it did not and the hop up did not work so it is being fixed by fire support.

here one more no a serious note if you get a new src SR36 they have steel gears and 1 steel tooth on the piston!

• Supporters

I have the SRC G36KV any idea what version the gearbox would be? i brought it second hand so not really sure.

But i must say mine has been spot on apart from a little feeding problem which was sorted after a service from

the guy's at The Grange. My next thing is upgrading the spring to keep my FPS up a bit more. Also just a few

accessories like a foregrip and a decent torch ill be pretty much sorted.

Pmags are great :)

I have the SRC G36KV any idea what version the gearbox would be? i brought it second hand so not really sure.

But i must say mine has been spot on apart from a little feeding problem which was sorted after a service from

the guy's at The Grange. My next thing is upgrading the spring to keep my FPS up a bit more. Also just a few

accessories like a foregrip and a decent torch ill be pretty much sorted.

Pmags are great :)

it is a version 3 gearbox.

it is a version 3 gearbox.

There is no gurantee what his box is.....

anyway here is my variant

photo4-12.jpg

here's my G36KV she abit ugly but hel I like her and thats all that matters to me

PIC_0072.jpg

PIC_0078.jpg

PIC_0070.jpg

PIC_0080-1.jpg

And here's my next project when it arrives next week

g36c.jpg

This is going to be one of the first things I put on it

g39stock.jpg

http://www.airsoftworld.net/we-g39-idz-sto...d-rail-set.html

• 2 weeks later...

There is no gurantee what his box is.....

anyway here is my variant

photo4-12.jpg

well mines a version 3 gearbox because they don't sell the version 2 gearbox ones any more.

well mines a version 3 gearbox because they don't sell the version 2 gearbox ones any more.

Doesnt matter what yours is. Mines Gen III too....but the poster stated he bought it 'second hand' so you cant be sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

may i also point out that the SRC G36KV's barrel wobbles quite a bit inside the hand guard.

Hi I have same SRC KV and I have NO wobble what so ever. I've taken it apart to see if battery wires would go to front. They will if you remove tamiya conectors and join wires together and route it all to front,even a small space for the fuse to sit in out of the way.

You'll probably realise that its the handguard moving, and not the barrel.

You get a slight wobble with most longer G36s due to it only having 2 contact points between the front and the body.

You'll probably realise that its the handguard moving, and not the barrel.

You get a slight wobble with most longer G36s due to it only having 2 contact points between the front and the body.

most likly

• 3 months later...

I have an ICS G33, so it's technically a G36.

It's a great gun, it's not too hot shooting so the FPS is no problem for most sites. It's very accurate, and has a high rate of fire.

It takes m4 mags by default, which s awesome because that's what most of your team will be using, and they are cheap!

It got more rail space than you can shake a stick at, including the rail on the bottom of he front hand guard, which Is very useful for mounting a foregrip if you dont have very long arms!

The adjustble stock is another good feature, as the cheek riser gets your eye looking straight though the rear sight aperture.

The battery compartment in the front hand guard is small and even a mini lipo is a tight squeeze.

It's been bashed around, dropped, frozen, immersed in mud and all other manner of abuses, and yet it still fires like the day I bought it.

Hi again mate, thanks for the advise the other day. As I've said in my previous posts I'm a noob to Airsoft. I have a SVL G36c and had it chrono'd at 328fps. But once I arrive on site for the first time, I'm assuming ill have to adjust my hop as I've never played before. Will this affect the fps and increase it? Or am I just worrying about nothing? Also, I assuming I need to adjust my hop, should I wait before trying to set up the red dot?

Hi again mate, thanks for the advise the other day. As I've said in my previous posts I'm a noob to Airsoft. I have a SVL G36c and had it chrono'd at 328fps. But once I arrive on site for the first time, I'm assuming ill have to adjust my hop as I've never played before. Will this affect the fps and increase it? Or am I just worrying about nothing? Also, I assuming I need to adjust my hop, should I wait before trying to set up the red dot?

you should adjust the hop up then leave it then zero in thee sight. hop up should not affect the FPS

• 2 months later...

you should adjust the hop up then leave it then zero in thee sight. hop up should not affect the FPS

Hop up DOES affect FPS!

They DO still sell Version 2 G36C's as you will find orange 2 tone ones still available brand new.

You need to line up the gun side of your head and fire....you will then get an idea of the dip or rise of the BB....then adjust....once your used to it you will be able to just fire and watch to learn.

• 2 months later...

Archived