Introduction

iAcorn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone.

Well since I'm new here I thought it would be best to introduce myself. Makes sense right? Anyways without further ado... Me:

So hello again, I'm James. I am pretty new to airsoft. I started playing a month ago and I have chosen The Grange in Coventry as my main site. it is the closest airsoft site to me that has both an outdoor arena and a CQB site (which is 5 mins down the road at RAF Honiley). I have currently been to two skirmishes and have really enjoyed it. At both I have met some great people and I hope the trend continues. I am having my UKARA qualifying shoot on the 21st :)

In terms of general me. I'm 22, finished my degree and work as an admin as a day job. In the night I work as a Sound Designer, which is what I am trying to make my real career. I am currently working on some indi games and I hope one should be released by the end of the year or early next.

Soooo... Thats some of me. If you have any questions then feel free to throw them my way. I'm a friendly chap.

Nice to meet you all!

Take care,

James

Thanks. I'm quite surprised at how many views this topic has gotten so far. Over 50. Pretty impressive.

Anyways I may have met some people at the grange who are on here already. We shall find out one day. I've just been scouring this forum looking at peoples recommendations for certain rifles/manufacturers. It's interesting to see all the different views. Especially on WE. I'll keep looking around since I'm in the market for a good starter GBBR. I already have a 1911 side arm thats being held for me at the site until I qualify :) Thats one hell of an expensive rental gun (even though it is WE) haha.

• Supporters

Welcome to AFUK james,

My local just happens to be the grange as well and although ive been playing for years my job left me all round the country so ive

not stuck at one site hopefully now ill be able to stick with the grange and get my UKARA. I shall also see you on the 21st as thats

gonna be my first shoot at the grange.

• Supporters
Thanks. I'm quite surprised at how many views this topic has gotten so far. Over 50. Pretty impressive.

Anyways I may have met some people at the grange who are on here already. We shall find out one day. I've just been scouring this forum looking at peoples recommendations for certain rifles/manufacturers. It's interesting to see all the different views. Especially on WE. I'll keep looking around since I'm in the market for a good starter GBBR. I already have a 1911 side arm thats being held for me at the site until I qualify :) Thats one hell of an expensive rental gun (even though it is WE) haha.

If you're just starting, I'd highly advise getting an AEG over a gbbr. It will be much easier to use and maintain than a gas gun.

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

@SooGoo

I shall see you at the grange then. I'll be easy to spot. Just look for the guy wearing this mask:

https://twitter.com/InsaneAcorn/status/2237...4540289/photo/1

@Marksman556

I can understand the reasoning for buying an AEG first. Not much preparation, less expensive since the batteries are rechargeable and so on. But for me this is the plan. I will be using the rifle as a film prop as well as a weapon. Plus I will be recording its sounds quite often (I am a sound designer after all). Plus the motor of AEGs sound really tacky to my ears. I will go the whole hog and get a GBBR to start with. When it gets to winter time then my plan is to buy an AEG since everything but CO2 is affected by the cold. I'll probably buy an F2k or something as theyre one of the best looking bullpups in my opinion. I might take a look at this thing called "Wardogs". The whole milsim thing might be more up my street than all out unlimited ammo AEG mags. We shall see.

Anyways again, thanks for the welcome guys. Be seeing you around.

Archived