First Sidearm

Sike
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at getting my first sidearm in a month or two so i figured id start looking around. When i comes to pistols i dont really have a "favourite" i like pretty much anything except for M9's and Glocks. I really wanna get the new KWA HK45 but doesn't look like its coming to the UK anytime soon. I saw the Cybergun(KWC) P226 X5 review on this forum and looking at videos on youtube it looks like a pretty solid choice.

Also like the look of the TM MEU.

just wondering if anyone had any advice :)

cheers

I would strongly recommend the Tokyo Marui P226. For £115 it's an amazing little pistol and has amazing range. Great gas consumption, comfy, feels awesome, and works in the winter too! Seriously, I'm in love with it. Getting a Falcon hop rubber in it which I was recommended to get for an extra few ££.

Can't recommend it enough!

I would strongly recommend the Tokyo Marui P226. For £115 it's an amazing little pistol and has amazing range. Great gas consumption, comfy, feels awesome, and works in the winter too! Seriously, I'm in love with it. Getting a Falcon hop rubber in it which I was recommended to get for an extra few ££.

Can't recommend it enough!

thanks, will take that into consideration.

im really starting to like the MEU, looking at all the upgrade options etc, plus its nice and slim and will fit into my vest with ease.

• Supporters

I have tiny little girl hands so the grip of the 1911 is ideal and I don't mind the large sacrifice in gas capacity; but if you have normal sized hands then a GBB with mags that replica RS double-stackers (i.e. much fatter than the 1911 mags) are a fair bit more skirmish practical and stand up better in the cold months. Just one of those cases where you have to decide on your personal priorities.

• Supporters

If you're after an MEU then I might consider selling you mine, if you're interested?

It's the KJW MEU, known as the KP-07. It's full metal, black in colour and is CO2 compatible. I've got one CO2 and one gas mag for it at the moment.

I was going to go to town on it but I just miss my Sig now, so I'm after money to buy another one.

PM me if you're interested and I'll send some photos your way via email or something. I'd be after about £100 for it.

Practically brand new, skirmished once. Bought from The Range in London about 2 months ago.

• Supporters

I've pretty much decided that, unless a really sweet deal that I just can't refuse comes along for a GBB pistol, I'm going to get a plastic non blow back gas pistol. I hear so many people who have GBBs talking about mags leaking, slides buckling, springs wearing out or failing, and all kinds of little parts breaking, bending, or wearing down, that I just can't see it as worth spending the kind of money I would have to in order to get the sort of pistol I'd want because I really like the look and feel of it, when, for skirmishing purposes, a £40 gas pistol with much fewer moving parts to go wrong, that can still kick out enough power for hits to be felt at range, that is at least accurate enough to hit a man-sized target at 25m with no more than 2 shots, will do the trick nicely.

Like this.

• Supporters

If 1000 people buy any given product and 1 person has a problem with it, if you go online you'll find 10 negative reviews on that product (all by the same person) and 5 good ones. The other 994 people are just out there happily using said product. People always vocalise their complaints, they rarely vocalise their satisfaction.

I've currently got 6 TM 1911s and 2 Sig 226s, I could happily grab any one of them from my cupboard and take them out to skirmish tomorrow with no fears what-so-ever, don't waste your £40 on junk like that. For one thing I wouldn't be surprised at all if the FPS and accuracy statistics are pulled right from thin air, á la justbbguns.co.uk

My sidearm was actually a short shotgun which turned out very well.

Pistol wise I got a TM 6" Colt Python revolver which is very good

My sidearm was actually a short shotgun which turned out very well.

Pistol wise I got a TM 6" Colt Python revolver which is very good

Torn between the TM MEU ~£165, Cybergun(KWC) ~£130 and the ASG Duty One Tac Master ~£80

• Supporters
Torn between the TM MEU ~£165, Cybergun(KWC) ~£130 and the ASG Duty One Tac Master ~£80

Y'know, the KJW MEU I offered you is exactly the same as the TM one, but metal instead of plastic? Internals are exactly the same.

Plus I'll give it you for £100 + £10 postage with TWO mags, saving you about £95 (additional cost of the TM + postage + another mag to make it the same package as I'm offering)... Tempted yet? If you grab some more CO2 mags then it's good for year round use as well, plus the kick on the damn thing is staggering.

Y'know, the KJW MEU I offered you is exactly the same as the TM one, but metal instead of plastic? Internals are exactly the same.

Plus I'll give it you for £100 + £10 postage with TWO mags, saving you about £95 (additional cost of the TM + postage + another mag to make it the same package as I'm offering)... Tempted yet? If you grab some more CO2 mags then it's good for year round use as well, plus the kick on the damn thing is staggering.

well, im not looking to get one right now, maybe in a month or so after ive paid off my holiday

i got bored the other night and started looking at guns :)

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at getting my first sidearm in a month or two so i figured id start looking around. When i comes to pistols i dont really have a "favourite" i like pretty much anything except for M9's and Glocks. I really wanna get the new KWA HK45 but doesn't look like its coming to the UK anytime soon. I saw the Cybergun(KWC) P226 X5 review on this forum and looking at videos on youtube it looks like a pretty solid choice.

Also like the look of the TM MEU.

just wondering if anyone had any advice :)

cheers

Hey dude i own a army glock 17 iv had it for about 2 months, its an awesome little pistol to use.

Just recently got a guarder steel outer and a 150% recoil spring

I would recommend the g 17 i know there a lot different to the 45s and 1911 but dam there good

Archived