Revolver holster options

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I'm trying to get a better way of holstering my colt python. I origionally used a shoulder holster but that wasnt great so cut up a viper drop let to fit one.

Just seeing if anyone else had any ideas on what would work.

Thanks a lot Nick

Couldn't you convert the shoulder holster to mount on a belt/molle system as if the holster itsself isn't the issue but how its placed then just adjust it

well the holster is part of the issue as it doesn't look great, I've got a Masada and wear A-TACS so looking for something more modern

• Supporters

I'm sure I've seen serpa's for revolvers, or you could go with a custom kydex one?

i've taken a few stitches out of a drop leg holster and sewn it back so that the front sight fits through. sits comfortable and doesnt attempt to escape when crouched down so works for me

I'm sure I've seen serpa's for revolvers, or you could go with a custom kydex one?

where do I find these things?

i've taken a few stitches out of a drop leg holster and sewn it back so that the front sight fits through. sits comfortable and doesnt attempt to escape when crouched down so works for me

Thats what I've done with my viper drop leg but it doesn't look great IMO

• Supporters

On second look, the serpa's are only for s&w revolvers, and I don't know anyone that makes custom kydex holsters, have you thought about moulded leather holsters?

yank ww2 holsters with the bottom seal cut out fits them through aswell.

or you could try an ajustable holster?

• Supporters

Not sure if he's on here, but there's a guy on Arnies (british) with a thread in the 'commercial user' sales forum who you can send any gun to and he'll mould some kydex around it. Only person in Britain that I know of producing kydex holsters; plenty of companies in the states of course, but you'd have to post them your pistol and the costs are gonna really start adding up then.

Archived