ARES L85A2 or WE L85 (GBB) ?

jakey11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can anybody help me out? Its the classic gas Vs. electric argument, but im still stuck! Any advise would be apreciated, thanks!

Can anybody help me out? Its the classic gas Vs. electric argument, but im still stuck! Any advise would be apreciated, thanks!

You probably won't get to use the WE in colder months, so if you want an all year rifle go for the Ares or G&G. If you want realism with the gas operation then the WE every time.

Whatever you do, do NOT get army armament, they need alot of work

They do need a bit, but I've got three of them and two work fine. The other is a project, which will work well once I've finished it. That said, the G&G / Army gearbox is dead easy to work on and G&G parts fit the Army perfectly.

• Supporters

ICS.

The WE is cheap and it shows. If you don't have any weapons at all yet then a WE GBBr is probably about a bad a first choice as you could possibly make. I mean if you've got extensive experience with working on the insides of GBB rifles and their magazines and a substantial stream of cash to throw in to fixing the thing every couple of games then yeah go ahead. Otherwise, get an AEG. Of the L85s out there right now, the ICS has the best track record for reliability and it's about 100x easier to take apart than the ARES if you ever do encounter a problem.

• Supporters

I agree with Kinnerley, out of all the AEGs the ICS is superb, mine is my favourite ever gun by a mile and I've had at least 9 different guns over the years.

The G&G and Army versions have blowback mechs which just cause unneeded problems and the Ares is terrible in every possible way, I had one before my ICS and it actually made me hate L85s for about year because it felt so... crap? The performance was awful.

You can run the ICS stock and it'll be fine, it also comes with two hi-caps, the Ares comes with one mid cap. The ICS can take a large battery, which is easy to place, the Ares can only take small ones that are a bitch to place... The ICS has an adjustable spring, the Ares doesn't...

I could go on.

If you're going to get the WE, get the RA Tech upgraded one, it'll cost you a bomb but it won't be as crap. Also, you can get CO2 magazines for it, so you could use it in the colder months, the RA Tech mod even comes with an NPAS fitted so you don't have to worry about it firing too hot when it's warm.

You'll need over a grand spare to fit the parts as they break though, because they will. Not to mention the cost of magazines, gas, lubricant etc etc.

ICS all the way.

Archived