[deleted]

Calum510
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, so I recently ordered a new gun (Tactical AK-47) and I believe it is shooting slightly higher that I would like it to be. I originally thought about down-grading it, but thought it would be to much of a hassle, especially since I'm inexperienced on the field of airsoft gun maintenance. So I came across this wonderful device on Zero One Airsoft, called a Velocity Reducer, which threads onto the end of your barrel and and reduces the FPS a pellet comes out of your gun. Has anyone ever had any experience with these? I only want the gun to down at most 50FPS, so I think this would be a better alternative to getting a new spring.

Also, a video on YouTube explaining how it works:

Thanks for any help in advance;

-Calum

I'd just get a new spring mate, you might get funny looks off of marshals as they may think you'll take it off mid-game or something. It's not really that hard for a spring change either, have a look at some take down tutorials on Youtube and learn how to take things apart. Because then you've got the knowledge to dis-assemble it if needs be.

Check with your site first though if you're sticking with the velocity reducer.

What is it shooting at, and what do you want it to fire at?

Generally, either an M90 or 1J spring will be sufficient; buy them pretty much any decent retailer.

• Supporters

Someone at your site can probably change the spring for you if you're worried about the fps being too high.

Practically any spring for sale at any airsoft shop will fit your AK, all springs are the same for AEGs as far as I'm aware, it's just snipers that sometimes have narrower ones.

Archived