i have a question about Magpuls

Flynn567
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I hate to sound like a noob <_< but I have never bothered using them before :P

Is there a good generic brand of magpuls?

Am I right in thinking that M4/M16 are 5.56 NATO?

Would you recommend using them?

MAGPUL5.56mm2-500.jpg

• Supporters

Anything that makes use of STANAG mags is 5.56x45mm, so that's your M4s, M16s, L85s, Tavors, there's quite a few options.

But mag pulls will only fit on STANAG type mags as far as I know, no good for other 5.56 rifles like G36s or Sigs, though there's also the 7.26 mag pulls for M14s and SCAR H variants etc.

I can't recommend them personally, but I have 12 mags on me when I play and I manage perfectly fine without them, I tend to carry my mags facing up, you'd have to have them upside down with these attached.

If you're a hi-cap user then they might get in the way of your mag winder as well.

Not sure about the branding of them, I've only ever seen them sold at Patrol Base (not that I've actually done a search) and they're about £3.50 per unit, which is way too expensive for me to buy 12 of them.

• Supporters

I used to have a few one my m4 stanags that I had ages ago, I liked them, they looked cool for one and helped a little with grip, but nothing too amazing (that said, they are expensive for what they are)

As for which brand, try magpul pts :D

If you want magpuls purely for usefulness not aesthetic purposes, just use a loop of duct tape/a bit of webbing combo on the bottom of your mags, thats what i used on my STANAG mags before i moved to PMags, costs incredibly little and i believe theyre better tbh :)

Archived