AndyT

GBB Speedloaders - Waste of time?

7 posts in this topic

Hi

Just got my TM Hi-Capa 5.1 and also got a speedloader. It's this one here :

31RQQTRHR3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It works, I mean it puts the BB's into the mag, but because they go in with such force, it's virtually impossible to get a full mag, there are always spaces. I've tried doing it softly, hard, different orientations but I can only conclude that it's not the best method. Quickest yes, best no.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks

Andy

I got two TM Glock17 and tbh I have to say, I find it easier to fill it by hand it take what 2mins extra but like you said you can get a full mag everytime. Also if its a double stack mag then you can get the full 25!

On tm pistol mags (or at least on 1911 variants) you aren't meant to put them through the top, you pull the spring down and use a speedloader through the wider gap, takes 2secs, as i said though that could just be for 1911/meu's

My Glock's double stacked and loads like Marksman said

Standard 1911's are but meu's aren't (though they do struggle to empty a mag, I gave up and only load 8-12 rds in mine now :P)

The instructions said to hold the mag horizontal, with the loader vertical on the end of it, if that makes sense?

It's not a problem for practice, but I will only hand load for actual matches. Just wondered if it was me.....

I'm such a tw*t. Saw a friend loading his and now I know.

You don't pull the spring down. The speedloader forces the balls in and compresses the spring!. Load 31 BB's in 4 secs, awesome :D