Swapping WE G17 internals to G18 internals

Johndaniel4863

Hi everyone if I want to swap the lower frames on a WE 17 and 18 to keep the black slide but have a different coloured frame do I just need to swap the hammer assemblies within the frames or would I need to swap the entire internals for the trigger etc as well, has anyone ever done this before?

John

8 minutes ago, Johndaniel4863 said:

My plan is to run it with the 18 slide mate...hopefully

I want to create a Glock 18 that will look like this using a green WE Glock 17 frame instead of the black frame that the donor slide will come on IMG_20241010_103827.thumb.jpg.855fc4e5e671491ed443cad8fe32954a.jpg

Looking more into it, I don't think it will work. WE Glock 17's have a different nozzle, hammer, BBU etc. Probably cheaper and easier to get a green G18 lower if you can, sadly.

I don't think I can get a green 18 lower so my plan is buy a 17 and an 18 and swap the slides and internals into the frames as they will be virtually identical aside from the colours. I was just hoping someone knew if i will need to swap all the internals from the trigger back or just the hammer assembly on the frames

If you are starting with a 'working' lower in the colour you want then it is just the hammer assembly you need to swap.

Obviously if you start with a bare frame (as I've done once or twice) you have to swap everything over .

6 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Hammer assembly and trigger bar are different. You may as well just swap all the internals, it's not a difficult job. 

That's going to be my plan as I have practiced stripping and reassembling a spare lower I have and the only part that is a pain in the proverbial was lining up the annoying spring for the slide lock...and it firing off while trying to reattach it!