TM G17 Gen5 MOS upgrade parts

MistakenMexican

Good suggestions 

Ive a couple of bits on the way from WGC, so I can get my Acro fitted

So far it looks better made than the SRO that I had fitted previously.

I went for the Pro Arms sights as they look to be pre drilled to allow luminous fibre to be fitted 🤞

IMG_2748.jpeg.326c99e280e8e2d21b4fd68ebfc56f94.jpeg

8 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Good suggestions 

Ive a couple of bits on the way from WGC, so I can get my Acro fitted

So far it looks better made than the SRO that I had fitted previously.

I went for the Pro Arms sights as they look to be pre drilled to allow luminous fibre to be fitted 🤞

IMG_2748.jpeg.326c99e280e8e2d21b4fd68ebfc56f94.jpeg

Yes - nice one! I forgot to mention pro arms do a good set of tritium sights.

detonator do photo-reactive sights as well. They also do a set of Tarran style fibre sights.

wiitech do a whole variety of aluminium sights. I bought a pair and I’m pleasantly surprised by the quality given they were so cheap.

A bunch of bits arrived from HK to test.

more JDG magwells,

cowcow guide rod

angry gun RMR mounts.

the JDG magwells are frustrating. They look great, but you have to take a dremel to the inside of the Magwell so that it doesn’t compress the Magwell. If you don’t, it grips the Magwell making it hard to remove the magazine.

CCT guide rod arrives pre assembled and all you have to do is install the short strokes if you desire. Easy to install.

Angry gun rmr mount is solid 👍🏽

IMG_9642.jpeg

Can any or you recommend somewhere I can get a quality stipple and undercut job done or buy a pre done lower for a TM / WE G17?

4 hours ago, BigAl said:

Can any or you recommend somewhere I can get a quality stipple and undercut job done or buy a pre done lower for a TM / WE G17?

you probably want a gen3 or gen4 frame done? Have a look at Boomarms and ArmsAholics for pre-stippled frames.

Having tried a few - IMO ArmsAholic are the best. But boomarms offer a large variety of stippling - for example for a Wilson combat frame boomarms do it. No one else does right now.

If you essentially want a Salient or agency arms style job done, I’d recommend ArmsAholics.

On 04/10/2024 at 12:57, MistakenMexican said:

Since January, I’ve been doing a lot of research on the TM G17.5 and now have 4 of them. As a result, I’ve been buying and trying new things on the market. I thought it might be useful for a thread with the parts available and what works, what doesn’t.

Here are two that I’ve finished. The other two are still waiting on parts.

IMG_9251.jpeg.9cbae64b92ed812b08972971bff6edde.jpegIMG_9563.thumb.jpeg.71f2b44d5b1fee53db5f2650b2bd5a42.jpeg

The only upgrade part I’d say is required, is an uprated hammer spring if you’re running green gas. All of my G17.5s light strike when running green gas/propane. The stock slide is carbon polymer so *should* manage fine with green gas.

uprated hammer springs:

Guarder - not sure 

Cowcow Tech (CCT)- 120%

The CCT full spring set is about £15 from Empire.

Pro Arms also do a spring set but doesn’t include hammer spring.

Everything else is pretty much optional.

I’d also recommend upgrading the piston lid and nozzle return spring.

CCT do a piston lid

CCT and Proarms do nozzle return springs. Both are good. The Proarms pack is better value for money IMO.

Slides that I’m aware of

Detonator (all drop in, no modifications required):

G17 - standard
G17 - boresight solutions
G34 - TTI

Detonator also do a couple of limited editions specific for the South Korean market… but you’d need a mate in South Korea to buy you one and ship it.

Proarms (all drop in apparently - not tried them though):
G17 - FDE/black cerakote

Wii-tech:
G17 - standard - steel or aluminium (both with steel barrel) -
G17 - tactical - steel or aluminium (both with threaded steel barrel and 6.03 TBB)

note: the aluminium slides were drop in. The steel slide I’ve been sent does not work and Wiitech are looking into why.

Mafioso:
Full steel G17 kit - required modification to the TM BBU to work.

Guarder:

Not yet released but the steel slide kit looks promising.

5KU:

Aluminium standard slide kit - haven’t tried but heard 5KU quality has improved recently.

Outer Barrels:

none of the aluminium threaded outer barrels worked with a metal slide and tracer for me. But I’m sure I’ve seen people on Reddit using theirs with a tracer. The aluminium barrels work with the stock slide and a tracer.

Detonator threaded outer barrel

Proarms threaded outer barrel

C&C tac threaded outer barrel w/Roland style comp.

Other Accessories:

JDG do a very cool magwell.

JDG also do magazine extensions for V2 mags.

Bomber do a TTI style magwell.

Guarder, CCT and Wiitech do aftermarket recoil rods

guarder does the serial number delete plate.

it sounds like Guarder might be doing steel internals and also a nylon polymer aftermarket grip.

MOS sight plates

Detonator - version for RMR/SRO. works well, good fit.

Bomber - Version for RMR/DPP/ACRO. Can’t comment on the ACRO or DPP but the RMR is a good fit. 

Angry Gun - Versions for RMR/DPP/ACRO. Can’t comment on the DPP but the ACRO and RMR are good fit

C&C Tac - RMR only. haven’t tried but looks similar to the angry gun version

5KU - RMR only. haven’t tried but their quality has got better recently.

Revanchist - RMR only. Probably the most disappointing of the lot to be honest. Fits well. But very basic design compared to all the others.

Iron Sights

detonator:

Photo-reactive high sights.

tarran style fibre sights.

pro arms:

tritium high sights. They’re quite expensive… but when have tritium sights been cheap?

wiitech:

Aluminium low sights 

aluminium high sights with a couple of different options.

Things to avoid:

I’d recommend avoiding Gunday. I bought a set of sights and Magwell off them. The sights can’t be fitted without drilling extra holes into the slide.

The Magwell requires modification to the frame… 

if anyone else has feedback, it might be good to feedback here to help people avoid lemons or buyers remorse.

Do you need the Wii Tech inner barrel to use the Wii tech silencer. I have just Wiitech only supply a 13.5 mm barrel were most inners like pro arms are 14mm. Do the threads mix?