G&G MGCR a little too hot on .25g BBs

BruceOakman

New to GBBR's and have picked up a G&G MGCR.

Long story short, after chronoing today on .25g BBs, its a little too hot. It is also a little high for most fields on .2g BBs (but won't get me a court date).

Is anyone able to tell me what I can do to get the FPS and Joules down?

Thanks.

EDIT: Should also mention I was using the Ultrair Players' Choice gas - Which now in hindsight might be contributing to the issue somewhat. Still, any advice is always appreciated.

Edited by BruceOakman

Just thought of providing that information.

Admittedly, it is using the Ultrair Players' Choice gas, which I thought to double check - and it would seem that it is a little on the punchier side of gases (live and learn).

As for how far over, in terms of results, on the .25g's Lowest/Highest recorded FPS is 340.9/366.6 and Lowest/Highest Joules is subsequently 1.35J/1.56J - which is obviously not where I'd like to be.

On .2g's things are a little better Low/High FPS of 363.6/376.2 and Low/High Joules 1.23J/1.32J - Which puts it a little high for most sites I have looked at heading to (and again, obviously flouts the legal requirement).

6 hours ago, ButcherBill said:

Fitting an Npas will help

Would be, if they even existed for that. It's a low yield platform, so could be years before one exists.