Help finding 21mm polycarbonet lense

Wegalaxy

Hello,

I recently put a 21mm by 3mm acrylic disc on my torch for use in CQB. It cracked after taking a BB. But still held up. I am struggling to find a polycarbonet discs at 21mm as I feel it would be stronger to replace it. Does anyone have any links? 

Thanks

IMG_20240902_112337.jpg

Hey there!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283588380472

One of these could work, 20mm wide, at least 3mm thick - you use large heat shrink to keep it on, then trim that to clean it up.

Here are some examples, including one torch!

PXL_20210329_222920166.jpg

PXL_20210329_222924396.jpg

PXL_20201113_161556857.jpg

Edited by B4by_Dr1v3r
Spelling

Really useful thread - I'm waiting on delivery of an ACOG which I want to stick a piece of acrylic or lexan on 👍🏼 hadn't even thought of eBay!

A very useful thread. Most of the places I've found either want a minimum order of way more than I would ever need or won't go smaller than 100mm

1 hour ago, B4by_Dr1v3r said:

Hey there!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283588380472

One of these could work, 20mm wide, 3mm thick - you use large heat shrink to keep it on, then trim that to clean it up.

Here are some examples, including one torch!

PXL_20210329_222920166.jpg

PXL_20210329_222924396.jpg

PXL_20201113_161556857.jpg

That ebay link is for perspex and not polycarb, perspex is about as strong as the acrylic that he's broke. 

I've been using 6mm acrylic as can cut that myself but polycarb is a right pain as its an awkard material to laser cut as it absorbs the laser so you need a special laser source or you can use a CNC router to cut out the discs, 

I can make you some 6mm thick acrylic discs not had one break yet but don't think anyones been lucky enough to hit them yet. 

Other than that their is the kill flash as above that works well if you can find the honeycomb in the right size and strength. 

4 hours ago, MorganL said:

That ebay link is for perspex and not polycarb, perspex is about as strong as the acrylic that he's broke. 

I've been using 6mm acrylic as can cut that myself but polycarb is a right pain as its an awkard material to laser cut as it absorbs the laser so you need a special laser source or you can use a CNC router to cut out the discs, 

I can make you some 6mm thick acrylic discs not had one break yet but don't think anyones been lucky enough to hit them yet. 

Other than that their is the kill flash as above that works well if you can find the honeycomb in the right size and strength. 

Ah, apologies, this is true - I've known people to use thick perspex/acrylic too like you say - still a great source of disks

Edited by B4by_Dr1v3r
Typo