Umarex Walther PPK

novioman

I see the new Umarex Walther PPK is hitting the shops. I am sure I read it was being made by VFC, but apparently it’s actually being produced by Ulm. I have never heard of them, anyone know of the company.

I can't find anything about the company Ulm but it is the name of a city in southern Germany which is home to a few gun makers including Walther (who are owned by Umarex).

If I were a betting man I'd wager that Ulm are importers and a part of Umarex while the OEM is someone else, probably VFC

As someone with a bit of a thing for German guns I'll definitely be keeping an eye on these (along with working on my Scottish accent and cheesy one liners)

Edited by Cannonfodder

15 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

along with working on my Scottish accent and cheesy one liners

Eh, Naw!

Q

Edited by ButcherBill

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I can't find anything about the company Ulm but it is the name of a city in southern Germany which is home to a few gun makers including Walther (who are owned by Umarex).

If I were a betting man I'd wager that Ulm are importers and a part of Umarex while the OEM is someone else, probably VFC

As someone with a bit of a thing for German guns I'll definitely be keeping an eye on these (along with working on my Scottish accent and cheesy one liners)

Yes you’re right, Ulm is the home of Walther, and like you think VFC is the OEM. I have pre ordered one from Landwarrior so will give my opinion when it arrives. 2 versions, one just the pistol, one complete with dummy moderator.