Propane

WoodLau18

Hi I’m considering getting a propane adapter for my gbbr, not used pure propane before I know green gas etc is propane with silicone oil in. Anything I should be aware of if I switch to pure propane? I know there isn’t any silicone in propane, I’ve got downgrade valves and npas for gbbr rifs. 

cheers

Don't buy the ebay/Amazon propane adaptors, they are a waste of money. Get the jaeger precision adaptor or wait for the BAVTAC adaptor to come out.

Also, buy Map gas (yellow bottles) because they are pure propylene and runs hotter than Blue bottles

Edited by woody_2231

As an alternative viewpoint, I used a cheap aliexpress propane adapter without incident for almost three years until the rubber sealing gasket eventually tore and i couldn't be bothered to try to replace it. At less than a fiver to buy with postage, i thought that reasonable. I may of course have just got lucky!

The madbull ones are bullet proof and work very well. Rothernberg propane or coleman propane will be fine, other brands mix in butane which lowers the pressure.

MAP gas is much higher pressure so is good in winter but not so great in the summer.